Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any issues with Clearview?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 08:03 PM
Jebster
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have clearview +2 and its nice but I would look at the windvest also, I have 2 friends who recently bought them and they are very happy with them and they are a little less pricey..

Old 05-10-2010, 08:18 PM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Just curious, as I have my own stock shield - are those polycarbonate or lexan?

Old 05-10-2010, 08:53 PM
cdestuck
Supporter

Received 216 Likes on 102 Posts

All smiles with mine. got a 9.5 inch recurve on my Ultra and is great. Pretty nice product

Old 05-10-2010, 08:56 PM
FX4
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I have had two for two years, nothing but good to say about them. I don't find they scratch at all.

Old 05-10-2010, 09:00 PM
NJMadDog
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I left a message and they called me back 2 hours later, I actually spent 20 minutes just bullshitting with the guy about my new (at the time) Street Glide. I love my 8" recurve, cured the buffeting , cleans easily, can use Rain X on it and have not noticed any easy scratching.

Old 05-10-2010, 09:45 PM
beammeup
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

I've had two over the last three years and I don't think they are tough and top notch. I look over it and still don't get wind in my face. At one point I cut down the stock HD windshield to look over it and what a terrible experience that was. There may be others as good but not better in my opinion. great investment.

Old 05-10-2010, 09:52 PM
Pass Rider
Road Captain
Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

Picked mine up at their booth at the Denver Motorcycle Show and Swap in January. It does a great job of keeping the air quiet.

If you ask for a blem, you can save some money and usually get it in just a few days.

I got a blem from them at the show. They tried to show me the problems (light scratch, a spot the size of a grain of dust) and I could barely see what they are talking about. I got the shield home and was showing it to my wife and neither one of us could see the problems even though they are marked on the protective film!

Old 05-10-2010, 10:09 PM
thedneill
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clearview shield

I called them and they had to call me back also, but they were super to buy from. I didn't really know what I wanted so I ordered an 8" and a 9.5" recurve in smoke. they had to make the 9.5" one so it took about 10 days to get. He told me not to remove the film and try both shields and I could send the one I didn't want back. I am 6' tall and on my 2009 Streetglide the 9.5" worked perfectly. I am totally pleased with their product and service. WooHoo. no more buffeting. I look over the shield and the air sails right over my head. you will be happy. Also I haven't had any scratching issues either. Ride Safe!

Old 05-10-2010, 10:19 PM
2>4
Road Captain

I am 5' 11'' and bought a 17'' windshield with recurve in clear. I have put about 2,000 miles on my FLHRC since I installed it and have no complaints. I like to see over my windshield, that's why I bought the 17''. I do not notice any buffeting at any speed. Also, since the Clearview windshield is thicker than stock, it doesn't flop around at highway speed. Overall I am very happy with the product. I think I had to wait about 3 weeks for delivery. It was well worth the wait.

Old 05-10-2010, 10:20 PM
meveratt
Tourer

Good quality shield, but I find it does scratch easily. I had some problems with the foam tape they supplied; emailed John and he got right back to me and shipped out new foam tape. Good supplier.

Quick Reply: Any issues with Clearview?