Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

roadking sadllebags deforming

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 10:39 AM
tonnetje
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default roadking sadllebags deforming

hello i have the bike 5 weeks now
never put parts or stuff in the bags and look at the picture
is this normal after a few weeks from new and never used the bags
i dont get it
anybody whit the same problems here or is this normal?

Attached Thumbnails roadking sadllebags deforming-020.jpg   roadking sadllebags deforming-021.jpg  
Old 05-10-2010, 10:49 AM
bennenrkc
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had that problem right from the get go but It worked it self out after while. I also get it after I clean them with saddlesoap and then leather conditioner but then it tightes back up. I wouldnt worry about it if I were you

Old 05-10-2010, 10:56 AM
FUBAR55
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine did the same F$%^&*G thing. Went round and round with Harley, wouldn't help me out at all. Put it in the sun awhile it usually fixes itself

Old 05-10-2010, 11:13 AM
BigGdawg
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What is wrong with the bags? They look fine to me.

Old 05-10-2010, 12:15 PM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BigGdawg
What is wrong with the bags? They look fine to me.
+1, I agree. If you want your bags to look the same every single day, buy hard bags. Leather is, well, it's leather! It's going to change it's mood every time the humidity or temperature changes. People like leather for several reasons, but mostly for character, leather ages, changes shape, color, etc. as the conditions change. If you're looking for it to stay "showroom" fresh you need to keep it inside in a climate controlled condition. My advice is to ride it, enjoy it and let them age gracefully.

Old 05-10-2010, 06:27 PM
FUBAR55
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by frog13
+1, I agree. If you want your bags to look the same every single day, buy hard bags. Leather is, well, it's leather! It's going to change it's mood every time the humidity or temperature changes. People like leather for several reasons, but mostly for character, leather ages, changes shape, color, etc. as the conditions change. If you're looking for it to stay "showroom" fresh you need to keep it inside in a climate controlled condition. My advice is to ride it, enjoy it and let them age gracefully.
I agree, I lke my leathers aged and worn looking...The problem with these bags is not the leather. The leather on the upper part of the bag is supposed to be streched and laminated to the frame of the bag. Our bags have lost the lamination and are bubbling up. If they were just bags it wouldn't be so bad....but these damn things were expensive.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:00 PM
bbb
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My lids are doing the same thing...only 2 weeks old...been raining alot and it is sitting in the shop...thought the humidity might be the problem.

Old 05-11-2010, 08:39 AM
tonnetje
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok thanks for the reply
i put yesterday meguiars motorcycle leather cleaner/conditioner on the lids
repeat it tomorow and i hope its gone
otherwise there are no options left i think

Old 05-11-2010, 09:08 AM
Zimbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Pissed me off the first time i saw my bags like that. Took the bike to the dealer and by the time I got there, the problem corrected it's self. The sun took care of them. Now I just look at it like this, I can't even see the bags while I'm rideing.

Old 05-11-2010, 09:08 AM
strtarrow
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't mean to poke at you or anyone but how can a person have leather bags and expect them to maintain any shape whatsoever? You wear a leather jacket and the arms will take the shape of the elbow. Boots, gloves or anything else. On the plus side they will not scratch as easily as hard bags and if so can easily and cheaply restored unlike hard bags. Don't ask me why I know this.....

Quick Reply: roadking sadllebags deforming