Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fork mounted wind deflectors on a FLHX?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 11:15 AM
Baffler1
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

this post peaked my interest - went on ebay but timeless doesn't have any for sale - does anyone have any other place to find them ???

Old 06-29-2010, 04:16 PM
Then Came Bronson
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 2,914 Likes on 988 Posts

Originally Posted by RLembke
Hitting the crash bar?? That doesn't sound right at all. I've had mine turned full crank many times and never made contact.
That's because I'm a dumbshit, and living proof that beer and tools don't go together. I had them on backwards with the sharp edge facing outboard into the wind. I just switched them around...oh, that's how they're supposed to be!!

The crash bars are still staying off!

Old 06-30-2010, 12:26 AM
Then Came Bronson
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 2,914 Likes on 988 Posts

Finally got to get on the freeway today and test out the deflectors at at cruising speed.

All I can say is...pretty damn impressive. I was cruising at 80-85mph, and from just above my knees to my chin it was extremely calm. I felt like I could have lit up a cigar if I ducked down about two inches. Absolutely no turbulence on my torso. I still have the stock windshield on my SG, so it's not completely calm from the chin up. I have a Clearview 6.5" w/recurve on order, so I can't wait to see what that does working in conjunction with the deflectors.

For reference, I am 6' 1" (long legs/short torso, and a stock seat for now).

I highly recommend this product.

Old 07-26-2010, 11:04 AM
SGLarry
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been thinking about getting a set of these.....been watching ebay for when they'll be available again. When I hit the link provide in this thread, seems like the seller is no longer on ebay. Anyone know where I can find them??
Thanks,
Larry

Old 08-05-2010, 07:30 AM
russstewart
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JCleary
I just got mine and installed them. Took a little blast on the freeway with my full face. In a word....

WOW!!!

My vision is no longer blurred, and I can hear the stereo better. Huge improvement, even though I do not care for the looks. Now I just have to get 'em powdered black.

My only complaint is with the thickness of the metal. There's not much meat on the little winglet that extends past the blinker. They bend extremely easily. Other than that, great product.

Oh, and I did notice a little more heat under my thighs at speed. 75-80 mph, 94°.
Did you ever black powder coat your chrome fork wind deflectors? I am curious how they look. I want to do the same with mine.

Old 08-11-2010, 11:12 PM
Hog happy
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

They worked like a dream on my softail deluxe and I plan on buying a pair with the cutouts for my new 2011 Street Glide. Put 300 miles on today and got slammed by the wind. I installed a Klockworks 6.5" windshield and it feels about like the stock SG that was removed. I ride daily 60 miles in the fall and early Spring so keeping the updraft to a minimum helps with the cold.

Old 08-12-2010, 02:13 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Then Came Bronson
That's because I'm a dumbshit, and living proof that beer and tools don't go together. I had them on backwards with the sharp edge facing outboard into the wind. I just switched them around...oh, that's how they're supposed to be!!
Well, you weren't in true "dumbshit" territory there, as you discovered the error before riding for months. A real "Dumbshit" (cap intended) installs something on wrong and discovers the problem a year later, as I did with some Freedom Wings (fairing wind deflectors). I reversed them, and thus were installed upside down. They did fit, but not well and I always wondered why they made them that way. I'm glad I was more careful with my cam upgrade.

Last edited by iclick; 08-12-2010 at 02:15 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:17 PM
harleyphoenix
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are scared of wind, sell the motorcycle.

Old 08-20-2010, 03:13 PM
ran
Stage II
Default FLHX Street Glide fork mounted Wind Deflector

I couldn't find any fork mounted wind deflectors either. I designed and had some stainless steel laser cut to match the stock turn signals. I now have had more made and sent out to a chrome plater. I can send you pictures.

Attached Thumbnails Fork mounted wind deflectors on a FLHX?-236a.jpg  
Old 08-21-2010, 09:02 AM
stepp
6th Gear

I just made made a couple of brackets so I could use the harley ones that I had on my road king.

Quick Reply: Fork mounted wind deflectors on a FLHX?