Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

not so good TopShop experience

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 11:46 PM
brunosrk
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default not so good TopShop experience

Somewhere (here on the forum) is a post with the title of something like "My Top Shop Bag Experience". The guy talks about his less than pleasant experience with the guys at Top Shop. The basic theme of his post is what I have going on also. I believe an error was made in making my bags. The guys at Top Shop tell me it's the way I'm doing the install that's causing all the problems. Like many of you I've had my bike apart and back together again many times and in numerous ways. I know what's what with my bike. For some guy 1400 miles away to suggest I don't know what I'm doing based on a couple of photos I sent is just plain ridiculous. Their interpretation of the situation and proposed resolution is just as ridiculous. I'd say it's very representative of extreme amateur, child like and self centered behavior. These guys really have an inflated sense of what they think they know. Then I might add, a very questionable set of professional ethics (or lack of). I've never (in something like 30 years) had to deal with a custom parts maker like these guys. What I'm used to is this. If there was an issue, the repsonse was to fix the problem not to find someone to blame. I've checked with my credit card company and I do have valid complaint and I'm giving serious thought about initiating the charge dispute process. My other option is to keep the bags, fix them myself and just chalk it up to lesson learned. I do admit that I may have not been as clear as I should have when placing my order, but I trusted I was dealing with a well experienced custom "BIKE PARTS" maker. From reading a lot of the posts on here about their bags, it kinda sounded as though they fit that description. I'm not suggesting for anyone to steer clear of Top Shop, just be real specific about what you order. For me I'm simply fed up with all their self centered irrational bull ****.

Old 05-06-2010, 12:11 AM
09sungloflhx
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can we hear what the problem is? i just got mine today they are flawless and were a 100% bolt on item they came painted and carpeted flawless problably one of the best paint jobs i have seen i installed the rubbers and they fit right on i have not yet installed the lids yet but im sure its simple as for what your saying im sure we would all like to hear what the problem is? not just a bunch of bitching

Old 05-06-2010, 04:01 AM
ripper43
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Why would you even post this with out explaining the problem? Kinda makes one think that maybe you don't know WTF you are doing or you have something to hide.
I am not saying you don't or are but

One thing I learned long ago you better have all your facts together before you protest a company or a member on any open forum. If you don't, you will be the one condemned.

Good luck, I hope you can resolve this issue.

Old 05-06-2010, 06:41 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Not fair to TS to be so vague about your complaint. Details and pictures please.

Old 05-06-2010, 08:16 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

I too am curious about what your complaint actually is.

Mine were flawless and mounted right on, without any modifications needed.

Old 05-06-2010, 08:33 AM
Pork-Chop
Road Master

sounds toooo familiar.... I guess it wasn't just that one (Manish)

Last edited by Pork-Chop; 05-06-2010 at 08:37 AM.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:50 AM
brunosrk
Tourer

The primary issue here or problem, is not their product. It's the way this whole thing has been addressed. I've thought about this since my orginal post last night an have concluded that I'm just going to let go of all this. I've put up with and have endured worse stuff, so in comparison this is no big deal. I was offended and I just need to get over it!

Old 05-06-2010, 08:56 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by brunosrk
... I do admit that I may have not been as clear as I should have when placing my order, but I trusted I was dealing with a well experienced custom "BIKE PARTS" maker. From reading a lot of the posts on here about their bags, it kinda sounded as though they fit that description. I'm not suggesting for anyone to steer clear of Top Shop, just be real specific about what you order. For me I'm simply fed up with all their self centered irrational bull ****.
With your experience, why would you be anything but crystal clear in what you were ordering? Especially when ordering custom-made parts for your bike? Sure, it'd be nice if we could rely on the vendor to ask more questions if the order/application/fitment isn't clear or in doubt, but the time for resolving issues like that is before you place the order not afterwards. There are too many modifications and combinations of parts to assume a vendor has all the answers especially where, as here, you don't provide any information on your specific problem with TS' product.

Being crystal clear in ordering makes problems easy to resolve: either you ordered the wrong part or they sent you the wrong part.

Carl

Old 05-06-2010, 11:17 AM
Manish_Hawg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have been away and this is shocking.

Old 05-06-2010, 02:39 PM
Manish_Hawg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The OP said he had issues with the fitment of his bag. When ordering bags the vendor should ask what year is the bike. But remember when I had my issues, Justin said it was my fault cause I sold the bags before he could resolve the problem. I didn't want to call him a flat out lie, but why hasn't he taken these bags back immediately like he said he would do mine? OP I feel your pain, I had HD Mechanics helping me and it was still my fault.

Quick Reply: not so good TopShop experience