Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Survey- Who DOES NOT LIKE their PYO Monkey Bars/Mini Apes on their Road Glide?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 07:18 PM
North Star
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Question Survey- Who DOES NOT LIKE their PYO Monkey Bars/Mini Apes on their Road Glide?

I've done tons of reading, and everyone seems to be happy with their Monkeys/Mini Apes, so I want to know how many are not happy, and regret getting them.

Specifically, I wonder how many feel there isn't enough pull back with them....that's what I don't understand, and why I'm hesitating- it seem everyone wants more pull back on the Road Glide, but the Paul Yaffee Monkey Bars (10" is what I'm considering) seem to have even less pullback than the stockers. I imagine they can be angled back some as opposed to being mounted in line with the fork tubes?

I thought I'd give the stock bars on my new CVO SERG a chance, so on my 1,300 mile journey home from picking it up last weekend, they seemed comfortable enough, and seemed to be in a natural position, but as the days went on, I ended up with a sore neck and shoulders. That, plus I love the look of the 10" Monkey Bars, so I just want to make sure I do it once, and do it right.

Thanks all in advance!!

Old 05-05-2010, 11:22 PM
neano62
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check out roadglide.org Go to the handlebar threads and look up "Not as Easy as it Looks". I had a chance to ride today for about 250 miles. My neck, shoulders, and back have never felt better! Those bars are KILLER! Was always opposed to Apes, thought they were to "Outlawish" if thats a word. LOL! Ya mite have to wait a while to get a set,... but they are WAAAAY Worth it. IMHO.