Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If you could tell Harley engineers to fix something what would it be?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 06:37 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,141 Likes on 3,667 Posts

V-rod engine in a sport touring or touring bike...I would buy it....Tour Rod Ultra....Power, comfort....

Old 05-07-2010, 06:51 AM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

The funny thing about the heat and the EPA emissions is that Harely is the one that wanted them. They had the technology to meet them and they asked the EPA for them to make it harder for the smaller "custom" builders to sell bikes. Besides, if they could cool the bikes down someone here would be saying they need to get better fuel economy. Can't have both.

If Harley made alot of these changes mentioned here, like offering a 110, most of the people asking for the changes would change it again anyway, after all, that what this is all about, making your bike differn't. For instance, if Harley made chrome lowers standard on thier bikes, people would be changing them out because we don't want our bikes looking like everyone elses Not to mention you can get both the 110 and chromed lowers in the SE bikes.

If you want adjust on the fly suspension, windshield, liquid cooled, center stand, and half this other crap, buy a Goldwing. I'm happy with mine the way it is, and what i'm not happy with i'm happy to spend the money to change it to make it unique to me.

Old 05-07-2010, 07:44 AM
producer
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

Well said HT.

Originally Posted by harleytuner
The funny thing about the heat and the EPA emissions is that Harely is the one that wanted them. They had the technology to meet them and they asked the EPA for them to make it harder for the smaller "custom" builders to sell bikes. Besides, if they could cool the bikes down someone here would be saying they need to get better fuel economy. Can't have both.

If Harley made alot of these changes mentioned here, like offering a 110, most of the people asking for the changes would change it again anyway, after all, that what this is all about, making your bike differn't. For instance, if Harley made chrome lowers standard on thier bikes, people would be changing them out because we don't want our bikes looking like everyone elses Not to mention you can get both the 110 and chromed lowers in the SE bikes.

If you want adjust on the fly suspension, windshield, liquid cooled, center stand, and half this other crap, buy a Goldwing. I'm happy with mine the way it is, and what i'm not happy with i'm happy to spend the money to change it to make it unique to me.

Old 05-07-2010, 08:24 AM
Zimbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

How about a gas guage that actually works. Why not floating rotors? Move that freakin' oil filter to a place that won't flood the motor with old oil on every change.

Old 05-07-2010, 11:08 AM
coliseum
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gas gauge!

Old 05-07-2010, 11:40 AM
Neal Smith
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about fixing 09 streetglide seat bending fender issues. Fifth seat and Fifth fender and can't seem to get help from moco.

Old 05-07-2010, 12:03 PM
billkoeh
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by trackadaptor
1.)
6.) Oil Cooler Standard on all bikes
+1 That should be mandatory for these big twins.

Old 05-07-2010, 01:02 PM
2K1FLHPI
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would just tell the Harley engineers to spend a year at Ducati and then apply what they learned.

Old 05-07-2010, 01:46 PM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 283 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by Neal Smith
How about fixing 09 streetglide seat bending fender issues. Fifth seat and Fifth fender and can't seem to get help from moco.
Hmm, could you explain this a little more. Do I have a bent fender that I can't see?

Beary

Old 05-07-2010, 03:36 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by Neal Smith

Never heard of this one. How bigs the passenger? LMAO

Quick Reply: If you could tell Harley engineers to fix something what would it be?