Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If you could tell Harley engineers to fix something what would it be?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 02:20 PM
Kevin's_09FXDF
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A free night with one of the HD Motor-Cloths girls with every bike purchase, screw the shirt.

Old 05-17-2010, 02:59 PM
Deer Stalker
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Jeez 11 pages, has anyone mentioned the problem with the alarm kicking in at mainland European service stations.

Go to France and learn to push!

Old 05-17-2010, 03:14 PM
sofadog
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A Compensator that is strong enough to handle to the compression of the 96Ci at start up without it sounding like all $hit is coming apart in the motor. Getting ready to put in a screamin eagle compensator to solve this problem.

Old 05-17-2010, 03:41 PM
NMNSG08
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A better more adaptale ecm,like in cars and trucks.This way you could just get a plug in programmer.

Old 05-17-2010, 04:30 PM
UK FXSTB
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Deer Stalker
Jeez 11 pages, has anyone mentioned the problem with the alarm kicking in at mainland European service stations.

Go to France and learn to push!
You must be unlucky i go over to France every year with at least 5 to 8 other Harleys ranging from 03 upwards and never had any trouble. (touch wood.)

Old 05-18-2010, 12:15 AM
ken b
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Hunter2678
so true.....like the one dude said on here...the pussification of the American Biker is upon us...I still can't believe all the chit Im readin on this thread..never in a million yrs would I have thought I'd see the day when so many HD owners bytch and moan about soo much stuff....sell your bikes, ride a metric and STFU!!.
Spoken with a clear understanding of marketing and value. You have truly identified with all the posters here and expressed yourself in an overwhelming manner. Congratulations for a unique perspective on American consumerism. I'm certain the folks at Harley adore your clear understated attitude. I am positive the MoCo would love to continue to sell machines that leaked oil and where hard tails. The engineering department alone could be dramatically reduced in size and education level. You have found the way in which Harley Davidson can survive in these tough times. Tell the consumer to toughen up and be a man. New Harley slogan: Quit letting the pussies tell you what to do.

Seriously? Wow dude....

Last edited by ken b; 05-18-2010 at 12:46 AM.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:26 AM
schwangster
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Only thing I wish I had on mine is a kick start
For those days.....

Oh, and a free repaint when you hit 100K

Old 05-18-2010, 01:02 AM
lownslow
Road Master
Received 111 Likes on 45 Posts

[QUOTE=schwangster;6730797]Only thing I wish I had on mine is a kick start
For those days.....

You got my vote....It would be nice to have both. I like the oil cooler thing too. May look into that.

Old 05-18-2010, 02:25 AM
locodude
Road Captain

make em water cooled, add more reliability and would eliminate heat issues.

Old 05-18-2010, 03:50 AM
Ohiobellboy
Road Warrior
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

My 02 Ultra is my first Harley but not my first bike. I originally bought it to resell it (read kid needed cash and I had it + I wanted a soft tail) but after putting a little over 1000 miles on it. It ain't leaving anytime soon. Only thing I could think of is better speakers. Then again, the sound of the engne while riding is music enough. Half the time I shut off the radio. I did buy a pair of Under Armor bike shorts for the really hot days and that seems to help a lot with the heat issues. I can live with it. Dealer saw my bike recently and asked if I was ready for an upgrade as it only has 14k on it now (they had another 02 with about the same extras as mine they wanted 15k for) and I told him "nope, seems like a nice bike to me so I'll keep it".

Quick Reply: If you could tell Harley engineers to fix something what would it be?