Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If you could tell Harley engineers to fix something what would it be?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 06:45 AM
Hunter2678
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Errk08
So many complaints........sounds like most of you need to go out and buy a different bike so you will be all cozy. It really sounds like you bought a harley because you thought it would make you cool and now you want to change the whole bike because you dont like it in the first place........

so true.....like the one dude said on here...the pussification of the American Biker is upon us...I still can't believe all the chit Im readin on this thread..never in a million yrs would I have thought I'd see the day when so many HD owners bytch and moan about soo much stuff....sell your bikes, ride a metric and STFU!!.

Old 05-17-2010, 07:08 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

I would have them make the Road Glide fairing door springs a single part number.

DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

To start off with H-D Brochure, We all should have optional packages to choose from like Ford or Chevy does in their brochures.

Thorey

TexasDwight
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Put a deep fryer basket on the friggin oil tank so I can fry seafood when the oil is boiling in the summer.
Or possibly put an oil cooler on as a stock item----nah that would be too darned easy-I would rather have fried seafood!!

Old 05-17-2010, 09:13 AM
TitoFTW
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Put a compass direction indicator on the radio display.

Old 05-17-2010, 09:24 AM
Kidharley
Cruiser

Pussification is a great word. I'm just sayin. Only having owned my FLHX for a month all I can comment on is the air temp gauge. WHY? Does anyone know if there is an after market oil temp gauge we can replace it with.

The vibration takes alittle getting used to I guess.

Other than that I dig mine and it was worth the wait!

Old 05-17-2010, 11:28 AM
ohioflhs
Road Warrior

Received 231 Likes on 161 Posts

I wish they did not chop the piston end of the rods at an angle. Weakens the wrist pin area. Seems like an extra operation during manufacture that really isn't necessary and it makes the part a POS.

Old 05-17-2010, 11:46 AM
Kevin's_09FXDF
Road Captain

Originally Posted by trackadaptor
1.) All Engines to have SE Parts - build the engines do not make us have to pay for it

2.) Single sided Swing Arms - 10min. rear tire change

3.) Muffler Clamps that you can re-use 10 times or more

4.) Stop the Grease leak out of the streering head bearings - I have tried every know
grease to man - at 100deg. it's all going to leak

5.) Gas Tank Fuel Filter - 25k miles , why not a 50K filter they do make them

6.) Oil Cooler Standard on all bikes

7.) Optional trick center stand like on the Goldwing / K1200LT that tucks up nice

8.) Polyurethane Bushings - I hate rubber

9.) 3 year / 30k mile warranty standard - it's built in the USA , we make damn good
product step up !

10.) XM / Siruss , 6 cd player standard - pull the CB option
they have 2 year UNLIMITED mile ones now.. Hell Honda and most others only have a 1 year warrenty

Old 05-17-2010, 11:59 AM
JCleary
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Really, the MoCo needs to increase suspension travel from 3" to something greater. Like 4"+. That way our bikes could have a cushy, controlled ride. As it is now, it's all a compromise.

I have a '10 with EG shocks. It rides stiff as hell. I liked the ride of the '08-earlier bikes way better. Only time I'm not bumming on the sporting ride is when I'm canyon carving with my buddies on smooth roads. My floor boards are shot, nobody's gonna buy 'em...

Oh, and right side drive. It's complete BS that you have to pull of the primary and swingarm to change a belt!

Old 05-17-2010, 12:03 PM
JCleary
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Hunter2678
so true.....like the one dude said on here...the pussification of the American Biker is upon us...I still can't believe all the chit Im readin on this thread..never in a million yrs would I have thought I'd see the day when so many HD owners bytch and moan about soo much stuff....sell your bikes, ride a metric and STFU!!.
Surely these comments are made by narrow-minded individuals that have not taken the time to ride competitive products at similar or lower prices...

Victory, BMW, Star, Honda and Kawasaki all make much better overall bikes, at a similar or lower price point than Harley. They just don't have the style/nostalgia that HD has. The MoCo is really relying on its heritage for sales.

I tell you what, in this economy, and with HD's average owner's age creeping up into geriatric territory, they had better innovate and come out with some quality improvements. Otherwise, they will fade into obscurity.

Something has to bring in younger buyers. Under-engineered heat pumps that ride like sh** and are slow as hell won't do it.

Quick Reply: If you could tell Harley engineers to fix something what would it be?