Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If you could tell Harley engineers to fix something what would it be?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 10:02 PM
fireaxxe
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh yea and a indicator light on the dash/speedo that comes on when your saddle bags are not secured to the bike or if the latch is not down.

Old 05-07-2010, 10:37 PM
ezryder62881
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by karter
How about a valve stem that you can easily check the air pressure and add air to the tire on the rear of my RKC . That's the most annoying thing on my bike .
A definate +1 on this one!
I picked up a nail last year about 90 miles from home. Stuck a plug in it to slow the leak down (spoked rim with tube). Had to stop at every service station in every town betwen me and home to add air in order to make it home. That SOB rear valve stem is almost IMPOSSIBLE to reach with some service station air setups!
You would think that on a $25,000 bike that the MOCO could spend another $1 and put on something that is possible to reach in the real world.

Old 05-07-2010, 10:40 PM
ezryder62881
Tourer

OK--gonna catch hell here, but how about a gear indicator light for ALL gears instead of only 6th? (and NO I'm not a Goldwinger!) I've counted gears all my life, and never had a bike with one, but I HAVE seen them, and it seems logical.

Old 05-08-2010, 12:17 AM
Swamphunter
Road Captain

I would like to see them do something about the noisy valve train...

Old 05-08-2010, 02:07 AM
Jukebox
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well like most said:
HEAT!!!!!!!!!!
Oil Temp Gage
Better Bars
Better Seat
Lower Bike with Better Suspension(I am short but I want a Tourer)
These are not for cosmedics,these things make a REAL Touring Bike.

Old 05-08-2010, 07:49 AM
Lightngsvt2
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First off let me say I love my bike and there is nothing about it that I really dislike, but there are some area's that could be improved:

oil cooler, oil temp gauge, usb port on radio, iPod control through handlebar controls, angled valve stems, better seats, seat height option (I know BMW offers this option).

What would be a nice touch is if you could order your bike through the dealer like you can order a car. That wa you could have a bigger list of options to choose from and the bike could arrive how you want it, although I guess this would cut into to the dealers profits.

Old 05-08-2010, 08:16 AM
texaswiz
Banned
Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

Right now the MOCO is needing sales big time. I have long thought that if they would let people order the bikes like they wanted them from the factory, it would be a positive. Then I got to thinking about it. The way it is now, they force you to take a bunch of parts that you really don't want. Then you sign on the dotted line and the first thing you do is to pull off those parts and scrap them or throw them under the bed. Then you start putting on all the aftermarket chrome which they sell you at ***** house prices. That is two sales where if you ordered it that way, it would only be one sale. So much for my theory of "Giving the customers what they want".

Old 05-08-2010, 08:58 AM
Calrider
Novice
Default RK

Bring the Road King Custom back.

Old 05-10-2010, 02:10 AM
Pacifictime
4th Gear

If a company exec were to climb aboard a bike and find the guages all full of H2O would he be proud?

Old 05-10-2010, 02:33 AM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MNPGRider
You've alrealy got the extra gallon of gas.

Blame the EPA for the heat, not Harley. Lot's of fixes for the heat discussed daily here on the forum.

40,000 on my '06....I have yet to have to tighten a bolt or fix a fairing bracket.

You are not allowed to comment on heat unless you ride and 07 or later.....there is a difference!!!!

Quick Reply: If you could tell Harley engineers to fix something what would it be?