Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New sest with smarttune issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 08:16 AM
hydrolock43
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default seems like it is within the progam

Originally Posted by Heatwave
Just go into the location on your hardrive where the file is stored and delete it.
I'm not real good with the computer. I have checked in the my computer c- drive and don't see it. seems like it is somewhere within the hd software program if that makes any sense. **** me off some of this computer stuff.

Old 05-11-2010, 09:58 AM
Ultra 2008
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hydrolock43
I'm thinking it is going to be interesting. How many times do you think that you need to smarttune after the base map is installed? When you go in for the hd download after you put an air filter and exhaust on is it one of the ones that they give you in the files of this software?
Regarding your question about the HD download possibly being one of the calculations on the smartune software, it is my understanding from talking to my HD mechanic that the stage 1 HD download increased the fuel by 5% across the board. That is for the 96" stage 1 only. Apparently for the HD download for the 103" the increase is 10% across the board.

I have also heard that some use the HD download for the 103" for the 96" motors to reduce the AFR a little more for the stock motor with the A/C and exhaust upgrade.

Old 05-11-2010, 10:49 AM
chasswartz
Cruiser

I'm thinking it is going to be interesting. How many times do you think that you need to smarttune after the base map is installed? When you go in for the hd download after you put an air filter and exhaust on is it one of the ones that they give you in the files of this software?

It depends on how close the base map is to what you need. I did 5 on mine, and want to do 1 more when it warms up. The last couple runs did not make much of a change. The stage one map is one of the ones included.

Old 05-11-2010, 11:01 AM
hydrolock43
Road Captain
Default Stored calibrations

Just go into the location on your hardrive where the file is stored and delete it.
I've gone as far as removing the software twice today and reinstalling it. I am missing something they keep reappearing in the stored calibrations i can move them over there but can't get rid of them. After four maps are in there it starts dropping one and adding the new one you bring over. Is there a possibility that you can't remove them from the window in stored calibrations just add new maps as you need them? These are just the maps that are in the software they give you with the disk that i have moved over to the calibration box by checking manually pick a map.

Last edited by hydrolock43; 05-11-2010 at 11:19 AM.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:30 AM
Heatwave
Received 1,079 Likes on 639 Posts

I'm not real good with the computer. I have checked in the my computer c- drive and don't see it. seems like it is somewhere within the hd software program if that makes any sense. **** me off some of this computer stuff.

You'll need to follow the path in the file name. It's actually quite easy to delete the file but I'm not sure where you're currently saving them on your computer. The file path name will tell you exactly where it is on your computer.

Old 05-11-2010, 04:24 PM
hydrolock43
Road Captain
Default File path name

You'll need to follow the path in the file name. It's actually quite easy to delete the file but I'm not sure where you're currently saving them on your computer. The file path name will tell you exactly where it is on your computer.
Is this it? C:/programs data/supertune/delpi/tuning files/Bigtwin/009caf002dto I can't seem to locate it. It says that the window that i have them in shows the last four maps that i have veiwed they probably don't matter but it just irritates me that i can't remove them even uninstalling all the software. So i'm missing something during the uninstall process. I wouldn't think that something has to be removed from the registry. Where are your files stored i just let the program put them where it default does. Have you ever tryed clearing them on yours? Thanks for your help with this.

Old 05-11-2010, 07:47 PM
Heatwave
Received 1,079 Likes on 639 Posts

Is this it? C:/programs data/supertune/delpi/tuning files/Bigtwin/009caf002dto I can't seem to locate it. It says that the window that i have them in shows the last four maps that i have veiwed they probably don't matter but it just irritates me that i can't remove them even uninstalling all the software. So i'm missing something during the uninstall process. I wouldn't think that something has to be removed from the registry. Where are your files stored i just let the program put them where it default does. Have you ever tryed clearing them on yours? Thanks for your help with this.
The files in the BigTwin folder are the maps that come with the software. You shouldn't delete those as someday you might want them.

If you have maps that you created yourself and want to delete, then you need to find the path where the files are stored. I set a folder up on my desktop where I keep all the maps that I have created from Smarttuning. My recommendation is to use "Search" and find all files on your harddrive with the extension ".dt0".

Do not touch your registry. The files are are on your harddrive and you need to read the path of the file from the ST software and then follow that path to the files. It really shouldn't be that difficult. Use the search function and you should find them easily.

Old 05-11-2010, 07:54 PM
hydrolock43
Road Captain
Default Thanks

The files in the BigTwin folder are the maps that come with the software. You shouldn't delete those as someday you might want them.

If you have maps that you created yourself and want to delete, then you need to find the path where the files are stored. I set a folder up on my desktop where I keep all the maps that I have created from Smarttuning. My recommendation is to use "Search" and find all files on your harddrive with the extension ".dt0".

Do not touch your registry. The files are are on your harddrive and you need to read the path of the file from the ST software and then follow that path to the files. It really shouldn't be that difficult. Use the search function and you should find them easily.
That is exactly what i'll do