Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about LED Signals and BAL Brake Light

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 11:36 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Street Magic Genesis II LED Signals and BAL Brake Light

Well, I just installed my NEW BAL-3S tail light and Street Magic front and rear LEDs all wrapped up in new smoke lenses. I replaced my Kuryakyn Panacea system with this setup...I liked my Panacea system UNTIL I saw a BAL in person going down the road. I saw it before I could tell it was a bike at about 3/4 of a mile!

Got the HD Run/Turn/Brake Module with a Badlands Load Equalizer. The signal lights are Street Magic Genesis II's by Custom Dynamics.

Here are some pics.

Front

Rear in RUN MODE

Rear in BRAKE MODE

Last edited by BigDaddyMike; 05-05-2010 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Added Pictures
Old 05-05-2010, 06:12 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

Come on...NOBODY?

Old 05-05-2010, 07:45 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Mike, I have the BAL-1R (essentially the basic Bright *** tail light without a clear window for the tag) and the HD run/brake/turn signal module. Everything works. A long time ago I replaced the turn signal bulbs with some inexpensive LED's without a load equalizer and used the run/brake/turn signal module so long I can't remember when it was installed.

Don't know a thing about load equalizers.

Carl

Old 05-05-2010, 08:01 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

Originally Posted by Harleypingman
Mike, I have the BAL-1R (essentially the basic Bright *** tail light without a clear window for the tag) and the HD run/brake/turn signal module. Everything works. A long time ago I replaced the turn signal bulbs with some inexpensive LED's without a load equalizer and used the run/brake/turn signal module so long I can't remember when it was installed.

Don't know a thing about load equalizers.

Carl
Carl. Thanks! That is what I needed to know. I will keep the Load Eq because I have other LEDs on the bike and it helps them...Just wanted to know if the HD Run/Turn/Brake thing would do...I'll pick one up later and post some pictures..These things (BAL) sure are bright. I needed to wear sunglasses when going through the patterns. They are mesmerizing and after looking at it , eye level, you cannot see for 20 minutes!

Old 05-05-2010, 08:03 AM
TheShrink
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BigDaddy - if you want it done right, takke the l/e off, leave the Kury crap off and add a Badlands Illuminator. It has the run/turn/brake feature, built in l/e and it doesn't get hot AND will run as many l.e.d.'s as you can throw at it.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:06 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

Originally Posted by TheShrink
BigDaddy - if you want it done right, takke the l/e off, leave the Kury crap off and add a Badlands Illuminator. It has the run/turn/brake feature, built in l/e and it doesn't get hot AND will run as many l.e.d.'s as you can throw at it.
I took all the Kury stuff off. I have a Badlands plug and play Load Eq, fairly new. I just need the Run/turn/brake module. Don't see the need to replace the Badlands I have for one with the module when I can snag a module from HD for $30? Do you?

Old 05-05-2010, 09:37 AM
TheShrink
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know if the HD module has a heat problem like the Kuryakyn one. If it doesn't, then you would be ok with it. ato find out, try running your flashers for a minute then feel it. Of course, by then it may be too late. Maybe someone else will chime in on the HD controller. I do know that there are no issues at all with the Badlands, it's also alarm compatible.

Old 05-05-2010, 09:57 AM
Duracell
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,656 Likes on 581 Posts

+1

Installed mine last week. Don't look at thing in the dark

Old 05-05-2010, 10:03 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

Originally Posted by TheShrink
I don't know if the HD module has a heat problem like the Kuryakyn one. If it doesn't, then you would be ok with it. ato find out, try running your flashers for a minute then feel it. Of course, by then it may be too late. Maybe someone else will chime in on the HD controller. I do know that there are no issues at all with the Badlands, it's also alarm compatible.
The Heat issue has nothing to do with the run/turn/brake module..It is with the load equalizer BUILT into the module for the flashers. The HD has no such thing to get hot or not...

The Badlands is ceramic the Kury is not...ANYWAY, my question is specific to the HD run/turn/brake controller and BAL light. There are loads of people on here using them...genesis lights too.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:06 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

Originally Posted by Duracell
+1

Installed mine last week. Don't look at thing in the dark
yea that too! Glad your scoot is up and running...How is the build?

Quick Reply: Question about LED Signals and BAL Brake Light