Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

first RK!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 05:02 PM
AsphaltCowboy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default first RK!

I just got my very first HD about a month ago and i love it! I took it on my first long bike trip of the year and i couldnt believe how well it rode. it is the most comfortable bike i have ever been on hands down. the stock seat sucked so i commandeered my dad's tall boy seat from his 05 Ultra. it fit just right on my 99 FLHR. with that, the highway pegs, and the roll bag on the sissy bar behind me, it was like a rolling lazy boy. i got a lot of strange looks going down the highway as i was stretched all the way out. I have never seen another road king this color before. i noticed that most people, atleast around here, have black road kings so i wanted something different. mine is mystique green and vivid black 2 tone:

has anyone else seen this color combo? its factory paint because i had to order some touch up paint. also, i noticed on the speedo next to the engine light, there is a "pursuit" mode. is there anyway to turn that on? ive put almost 1k miles on it already and i love it. i just clay barred and waxed it this afternoon(results in the first picture) and polished up the chrome a bit. this isnt my first bike(4th actually) but it is the best ive had yet. IMO, it rides better then my dad's ultra.

ETA: i bought it at a consignment sale so it was sold "as is." when i got it, it had these big *** chrome rotor/brake caliper covers that i didnt like. so i took them off. i dont like the way they look and they warped my rotors. forgot to add the bike only has 20k miles on it. it took me 2 days to get the white walls clean. i was going to take them off, but they're starting to grow on me with the green paint.
here's a picture of the day i got it.

Last edited by AsphaltCowboy; 05-04-2010 at 05:08 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:08 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

I had a '97 Ultra that color. Always liked it too!

Old 05-04-2010, 05:08 PM
deeve
Advanced

Old Police Bike? Nice color!

Old 05-04-2010, 05:15 PM
AsphaltCowboy
Advanced

i have no clue about the police bike. it doesnt have the right bags if it is.

Old 05-04-2010, 06:25 PM
CWDoc115
Outstanding HDF Member

So, you left your dad stranded???

Old 05-05-2010, 04:43 PM
AsphaltCowboy
Advanced

no, he's got the stock seat, plus this one, plus that stupid air adjustable one. plus my stock one haha.

Old 05-05-2010, 04:49 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I dig the WWW on the King. I bet that paint looks nice in the sunlight. A little tip on cleaning the WWW tires. Get a box of the SOS pads, they make the job easy and the tires look brand new. Congrats bro!

Old 05-05-2010, 05:57 PM

Very nice. I too upgraded from a Night Train recently and the ride quality was night and day.

Old 05-07-2010, 03:28 PM
AsphaltCowboy
Advanced

yea im very happy with the ride of this motorcycle. i cant wait for another long trip. does anyone know how i can turn that pursuit mode on?

Old 05-07-2010, 05:05 PM
Firetender
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a friend who bought his first Hog a couple years back as well, a '99 in the same green color. Actually a pretty nice finish, although I don't care for the black accent. Only thing I'd add to it now would be a Mustang solo seat with backrest, at 20,000 miles it's probably about due to get ride of the "50-mile seat".
Congratulations and safe riding!

Quick Reply: first RK!