Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Satisfied FuelMoto Customer

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 11:16 PM
Hawnted
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Satisfied FuelMoto Customer

Ordered the Power Package (PCV, Dyno Tuned Mufflers, SE Air Cleaner) after speaking with Jamie for my 2009 Ultra. I ordered on Thursday around 3pm, and the package was waiting on me on Monday at 11am. Packaging was excellent.

Install was rather easy. Took about an hour with short interruptions from the better half. To those about to install this power package, squirt a little WD40 on the stock mufflers, then work on the PCV. When you get the PCV installed, and go back to work on the slip-ons, they should slide right off. The part that took the longest was the Air Cleaner. The only reason is the metal bracket behind the plastic piece is a pain to remove. The directions are straight forward, it is just that the screws are tough to back out all the way to the end. They are never able to be unscrewed with your fingers.

When I fired the bike up my wife watched me grin for about 30 minutes. We laughed for a bit because I told her before I ever bought this bike about the look, feel, and sound of harleys that I loved. When I brought it home, she said "Wait, wait, you said you loved the sound, this thing sounds like a Honda!" I was stunned because she doesnt even know much about bikes. Anyway, we both agree that it sounds great now.

It was too late for a test ride, I will report back (and post pics) tomorrow.

Old 05-04-2010, 02:34 AM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Hawnted
Ordered the Power Package (PCV, Dyno Tuned Mufflers, SE Air Cleaner) after speaking with Jamie for my 2009 Ultra. I ordered on Thursday around 3pm, and the package was waiting on me on Monday at 11am. Packaging was excellent.

Install was rather easy. Took about an hour with short interruptions from the better half. To those about to install this power package, squirt a little WD40 on the stock mufflers, then work on the PCV. When you get the PCV installed, and go back to work on the slip-ons, they should slide right off. The part that took the longest was the Air Cleaner. The only reason is the metal bracket behind the plastic piece is a pain to remove. The directions are straight forward, it is just that the screws are tough to back out all the way to the end. They are never able to be unscrewed with your fingers.

When I fired the bike up my wife watched me grin for about 30 minutes. We laughed for a bit because I told her before I ever bought this bike about the look, feel, and sound of harleys that I loved. When I brought it home, she said "Wait, wait, you said you loved the sound, this thing sounds like a Honda!" I was stunned because she doesnt even know much about bikes. Anyway, we both agree that it sounds great now.

It was too late for a test ride, I will report back (and post pics) tomorrow.
Waiting for test ride and pics....

Old 05-04-2010, 10:12 PM
Hawnted
Cruiser

I rode about 125 miles today. Overall I am a pretty happy camper. The sound is JUST what I was looking for. It is really tame at cruise, and aggressive when moving through the gears. My wife even told me to cancel the order for the quiet baffle which I intend to do in the morning. The bike seems to run much cooler. My right leg is not quite as hot. However, I am noticing quite a bit more vibration. I am not sure what that is about. Any ideas?

I did not notice any improvement in power, or an increase in throttle response, but Ill take the nice sound, and cooler running bike. I cannot report on MPG as I have not made it through a tank yet.

And here is a quick picture:

Last edited by Hawnted; 05-04-2010 at 10:25 PM.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:54 PM
Hawnted
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Hawnted
However, I am noticing quite a bit more vibration. I am not sure what that is about. Any ideas?

I did not notice any improvement in power, or an increase in throttle response, but Ill take the nice sound, and cooler running bike. I cannot report on MPG as I have not made it through a tank yet.
Anyone ever experience the increase in vibration?

Also, as far as MPG goes, I am now getting around 36. I was getting 38-39 pre-Stage 1. So not much lost really.

Old 05-27-2010, 11:26 PM
Palau
Advanced

Yes I did.

I just installed V&H dresser duals, V&H turndown mufflers, stage 1 air cleaner and a pcv (purchased from fuelmoto) on my '09 RKC. I will post a new thread with the full report (pics, hopefully video, etc) in about a week or so.

I'm now also noticing (significantly) more vibration I'm currently cruising the threads for other posts discussing this topic In theory, the engine just gained additional hp, and as a result it will run different. Before the upgrade, I was considering a dyno tune. I'm now considering it even more.

I will update this thread as soon as I find any additional data. Meanwhile ... anyone else? and if so what (if any) did you do to correct it?

So far I love the sound.

Old 05-27-2010, 11:31 PM
mongomark
Road Master
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Extra vibration

I'd make sure that you're slip on brackets are centered and not in a bind. Lift up on the back end of the pipe, get everything centered, tighten the rear bolts, then tighten the snot out of the clamp to the head pipe.