Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let's talk center stands

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 08:20 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts
Default Let's talk center stands

So at the Timonium show, I was wowed by the Wheeldock E-Z Up Center Stand. It's a nifty piece of engineering that's a snap to get the bike up on and back off of. I know several people who swear by theirs.

The MoCo offers one too.. And it's adjustable, so I can set it low for fueling and such, then crank it up for service and cleaning.

The prices are nearly identical if I get the Harley one from an online dealer. Any pros-cons for either one?

Old 05-03-2010, 08:25 PM
cdestuck
Supporter

Received 216 Likes on 102 Posts

I have the wheeldock and really like it. Do you really want to mess around with the adjustements to the HD one each time you want to lift the wheel. Does take a bit of beef, but the piece of 7/16 osb onder the EZ UP works well for me.

Old 05-03-2010, 08:29 PM
motorcyclelockman
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with the above. I've had both and prefer the Wheeldock 10-1 over HD.

Old 05-03-2010, 08:29 PM
hodgeaaco
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the wheeldock on my 05 and loved it. The reason I went wheeldock instead of HD was the mounting points. If I recall, the HD had some extra hardware and mounting points that were visible on both side of the bike.....I think???

Old 05-03-2010, 08:33 PM
crackercap
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wheeldock here, great item, no problems here...

Old 05-03-2010, 08:54 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the wheeldock also. Just so you know, I do not use it as my "all the time" stand when parking away from my home. I do use it in my shop on the nice flat floor. If the surface is at all bumpy, the bike can roll off the stand fairly easily. I also always leave my bike in gear when I park it on the stand. Lastly, the stand does come with a velrco strap to lock the front brake lever so the bike won't roll off.

If you do a search, you will find several people making the same statement.

I like to use mine when fueling and when I ride with my wife. Makes it easy for her to get on. I am ALWAYS on the bike when she gets on.

The wheeldock is an easy 2 bolt install. The bolt heads are in the crossmember so my J&S jack does come up against the bolts when I lift the bike. Not an issue if I'm careful.

Steve

Last edited by sifularson; 05-03-2010 at 09:15 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:02 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by sifularson
I have the wheeldock also. Just so you know, I do not use it as my "all the time" stand when parking away from my home. I do use it in my shop on the nice flat floor. If the surface is at all bumpy, the bike can roll off the stand fairly easily. I also always leave my bike in gear when I park it on the stand. Lastly, the stand does come with a velrco strap to lock the front brake lever so the bike won't roll off.

If you do a search, you will find several people making the same statement.

I like to use mine when fueling and when I ride with my wife. Makes it easy for her to get on. I am ALWAYS on the bike when she gets on.

The wheeldock is an easy 2 bolt install. The bolt heads are in the crossmember so my J&S jack does come up against the bolts when I left the bike. Not an issue if I'm careful.

Steve
That was my next question....Does either one interfere with a jack? I'm using a Sears yellow.

Old 05-03-2010, 09:16 PM
TheShrink
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wheeldock all the way and I've had no trouble with it rolling off of the stand - why? I always park front tire up and I'm pretty sure that my Ultra won't roll up hill on it's own. The Wheeldock has been on my Ultra for alomst 3 years now.

Old 05-03-2010, 09:31 PM
Crusher
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wheeldock

Old 05-03-2010, 09:45 PM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Lots of threads on this subject. I love my Wheeldock. It will occasionally nick the ground if you're cornering hard and pass over a dip in the road. Nothing serious. As long as you don't do something foolish like park downhill in neutral or on uneven surfaces it's rock solid. Always use it in the garage and at gas stops.

Quick Reply: Let's talk center stands