Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let's talk center stands

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 06:55 AM
DocDyna
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Go with a Stabilizer

I have been researching center stands for awhile. Agree that the Wheeldoc is probably the most common. My issue is that I haven't found a model that will work with my Swingarm Stabilizer. My stabilizer uses the same dog-bone across the frame as does the Wheeldoc so the 2 can't in the same spot. I had hoped that this post brought this to lite, maybe others will have suggestions

Old 05-04-2010, 07:03 AM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

Jack interference is a big deal to me. Throwing a piece of plywood on the ground to get the back wheel off the ground isn't. Though to be honest, I'd probably need to use the jack far less often with a center stand.

Wheeldock it is. Do we have a forum discount on it?

Old 05-04-2010, 07:56 AM
cdestuck
Supporter

Received 216 Likes on 102 Posts

Cant comment on the Sears jack or the Pitbull but can tell you tht it wont work with the J and S jack. The jack is just a bit too wide to fit where it needs to go.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:06 AM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Here's the deal with the jacks. I had a Sears red and couldn't use it. Too narrow to span the stand and therefore had to be too far forward and bike was unbalanced.
Got the J&S and it's perfect. The rear rail of the jack goes right under the legs of the folded-up center stand, actually lifting the bike using the center stand tubes. Front rail of jack gets a 3/4" piece of wood to even it out with the rear. Rock solid and easy. Wheeldock says you can do this all day with no harm to the stand.
Wheeldock is a sponsor of this forum and Rod is a great guy to deal with.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:01 AM
MINI SSS
Cruiser

Got the HD center stand for my 2009 RG cheap from the dealer. It was a return that the original purchaser returned in a day. The dealer had installed it. Attachment was ok, but a little frustrating. I couldn't lift the bike due to the short lever (could'nt get my foot on it to lift the bike). I returned it the next day. They gave me ****, but took it back.
Ordered one from Rivco. This was my third from them. One is on my RK, the other on my Valkyrie that I just sold. This new one on my RG is very easy to use. Adjustable for lift or ride off. I'd buy another in a heart beat and probably will for my next bike.
I never had a problem using a lift.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:58 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

I have Wheeldock on my 09. Had one on my 05 and loved it. Bought my current one used from Clint, a forum member, 1 bolt 3 minute install. Use it mainly in the garage and for fueling and whenever there is little or no angle in parking on hard surfaces. I love it. Easy enough to get back wheel up with a 2X4 underneath too.

Old 05-04-2010, 11:45 AM
T K Glider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Had one on each bike for a long time.I used yellow Sears and it worked fine.For maint. and room saving center stand is well worth it.Just sold my last one.It wouldn't fit the Tri-Glide.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:42 AM
redharleymn
Novice

If you purchase the Wheeldock EZ-Up Center stand; no problem with the Pit Bull.

Pit Bull has a bike with the Wheeldock center stand.

Old 05-05-2010, 01:40 PM
ricksurf
2nd Gear
Default H-D center stand

I have the new H-D center stand that is only for '09 and newer touring models. It is all chrome and very hidden and looks good when down. It is very adjustable ... mine set to keep rear wheel contact w/ ground. Jack not an issue. NOTE: This stand is not meant as a ride off stand. If you continue to ride off on it it will desynchronize the legs... they are 2 pieces internally separated by a stout spring.
The old style H-D center stand will not fit '09 and newer. This fairly easy to install if you flex down the front plate for the front mounting bolt... so you can see to get 1/2" wrench on it.

Old 05-05-2010, 03:12 PM
motogoose
Stage II

Hi - I'm new to the Forum (and HD) and have found a lot of great information here.

On my previous bike I used the center stand when I needed to change a tire.

Any thoughts on any of the center stands listed here? Are they "high enough"/"stable enough" to remove a wheel?

(I realize a lift may be a better solution but being able to patch a tire on the side of road is a bonus)

03 FLHR

thx

Quick Reply: Let's talk center stands