Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let's talk center stands

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 10:04 PM
glide2005
Supporter
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Mine is not either of the brand ya'll are talking about. In fact, I don't even know what the name of it is. I googled up Harley center stand on ebay and it poped up. 128 bux, what a deal. Its been on the bike for two year and 30,000 miles with no issues at all. Eazy up and drive off. A piece of 1/2 plywood under it and the rear wheel is off the ground for cleaning.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:19 PM
OldPhat
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 146 Posts

Everyone is OK with the Wheeldock so far. Anyone out there with a Harley adjustable center stand want to Chaim in, and tell us their experiences???

Old 05-03-2010, 10:49 PM
BBStacker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wheeldock, simple install 2 bolts, 15 minutes, forget about it.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:56 PM
cap5369
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love the Wheeldock, one of the best mods I have, I was looking at the HD one also but really didn't like the extra parts. The Wheeldock is solid and on the 09 one bolt. You can use the jack with it but I normaly just take it off and then when I am done with the jack just put it back on, it takes about 3 min to take it off, and then about the same to put it back on.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:57 PM
mile high king
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sure, I have the HD stand and really like it. Pros are that it is super stable, tucks up out of the way, never drags, high quality chrome, can be set at variable height (mine is set to just slightly raise the rear wheel off the ground). Works with a floor jack. Cons are that is not a ride-off type stand if that is what you are looking for, raising the bike takes a certain technique (but easy once you get it) and mounting it is a bit of a pain to locate the bolts on the frame (you will curse a few times before you're done).

Originally Posted by OldPhat
Everyone is OK with the Wheeldock so far. Anyone out there with a Harley adjustable center stand want to Chaim in, and tell us their experiences???

Old 05-04-2010, 12:24 AM
Ultra89Rider
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by hodgeaaco
I had the wheeldock on my 05 and loved it. The reason I went wheeldock instead of HD was the mounting points. If I recall, the HD had some extra hardware and mounting points that were visible on both side of the bike.....I think???
Not true on the 2009/Later Harley Center Stand. Three bolts on the bottom through the center frame pan and it is mounted. It is very easy to put the bike on the center stand and to ride off when I start out. I have scraped the running Boards but not the stand. It is very close up and away from anything that might get in the way. The ;ever that you use to put the the bike up on the stand is hidden under the passenger footboard. The only time I have any problem is when I am wearing my steel toed boots. It is hard to get them in between the lever and board mount. I just push the lever down and roll the bike back onto the stand. Note: the Harley lever is better looking than the other lever, Chrome.

As for the adjustment. In the instructions, it said that you can adjust the stand to have the rear wheel lift off the ground, or just touching it. I have it just touching it.

Originally Posted by OldPhat
I have the Harley Center Stand and Love it. On the Last three Electra Glides I had before this 2009 Road Glide, I had the front "Ride Off" Stand. It was great except the fact that there was a clearance issue. With this New Center Stand, there is not any clearance issue. Even with the center jack stand I use to lift the entire bike in the air to work on it. The only thing I did that I can't do now is to put it on the stand in traffic, With the "Ride Off" Stand, when I was at a stop light, I would reach the stand when stopped and push the bike back, putting it on the stand. With the Center Stand, I can't reach the lever unless I am off of the bike. No big thing.

Old 05-04-2010, 12:25 AM
ucommbxny
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have the chrome H-D center stand, the right side bolt was a pain to install, you have to loosen exhaust system other then that it works great for my purpose of keeping bike in corner of garage next to my other toy

Attached Thumbnails Let's talk center stands-misc.-photo-s-023.jpg  
Old 05-04-2010, 02:09 AM
JohnScrip
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

+1 Wheeldock.

Only takes 15 minutes to install if you stop for a beverage between bolts. Otherwise, about 5 minutes. Okay, maybe 7 - but I'm not much of a mechanic...

Old 05-04-2010, 02:20 AM
Ultra89Rider
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ucommbxny
i have the chrome H-D center stand, the right side bolt was a pain to install, you have to loosen exhaust system other then that it works great for my purpose of keeping bike in corner of garage next to my other toy
Like I said, This might be true with the older models, but like I said, not on the 2009/later models. And it only has three bolts on the bottom to mount. Harley eliminated the one on the side. That is why it went on easily.
Originally Posted by Ultra89Rider
Not true on the 2009/Later Harley Center Stand. Three bolts on the bottom through the center frame pan and it is mounted.

Old 05-04-2010, 02:31 AM
cookiemech
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Can anyone comment on using a jack with the H-D centerstand? Specifically, I have an '09 Ultra and would buy the H-D stand if it would work with my Pitbull jack without modifying the jack or making any special adapters. Seems to me that the Wheeldock stand interferes (to some extent, at least) with using a jack. I'm not willing to remove the centerstand every time I want to jack up the bike (like every time I wash it, for example.)

Quick Reply: Let's talk center stands