Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C&C Seat Ordered

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 01:41 PM
clarkchriston
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey Rebel that fastback seat of your has got me rethinking the solo.

Old 05-13-2010, 09:49 PM
HD REBEL
Tourer

Huh? What does that mean? By the way, Its not a "fastback". I said its a "sport tour"....crewchief25 wanted a picture of a Sport Tour

Old 05-14-2010, 03:35 AM
Watch Guy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by HD REBEL
Huh? What does that mean? By the way, Its not a "fastback". I said its a "sport tour"....crewchief25 wanted a picture of a Sport Tour
Hey Rebel
Do you find the stitching causes any problems in the rain? I tried the Solo C&C and now find I really like the Sport Tour model like the one you have. Also, did you specify any movement of seat position when you ordered it. Any info will help
Tim

Old 05-14-2010, 10:28 AM
clarkchriston
Road Master

Rebel, If I saw your photo prior to placing my order I may have decided to go with the "Sport Tour". Just trying to say your setup looks real nice.

Old 05-15-2010, 12:04 PM
HD REBEL
Tourer

Watch Guy, I wish I got the seat cut 2 inches back. I am 6'2". I've decided this will be the 2up seat and will be ordering a Fastback cut 2inches back for my 1up use witch is 80% of my ride time. I realy like the stitching, I felt there was to much surface Not to have a design and it was included in the cost. I have not had any problems with the seat getting soaked in the rain. Talking to chuck is difficult because he is so busy but it worked out great and arrived in 10 days.

Clarkchriston, Your post confused me. Thank you for the compliment. This seat is perfect for 2up, I realy like the lumbar support, feels great and my wife likes the wider cushion.

Old 05-16-2010, 04:04 AM
Watch Guy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Thanks Rebel

I've ordered mine with stitching. Chuck is great at returning e-mails too. My first C&C was the solo and I had it moved forward by 1" and I was way to far from the bars and I could hardly reach the side stand. I have the heritage bars now and figure the seat moved forward by 2" should be just right. I'm only 5'8" so you should have more leg room than you know what to do with by having yours moved back.

Old 05-17-2010, 01:34 PM
clarkchriston
Road Master

Got my solo seat and love the fit, finish, and comfort just wish it was back a little. I am about 6'-1" with my boots on but like to sit back away from the bars and tank. Talked with Chuck about modifying the seat and he said send to send it back and they would make a new one for me as it is easier to that than to modify one already complete. Just have to pay the price to modify the seat as if I was buying one new. No re-stocking fee (I even offered) even though they will have to sell my seat as used. Top notch customer service once again.

Old 05-17-2010, 08:21 PM
rg_dave
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Treat the the seat with sno seal about once a month. Rub it into the stiching. No water gets past that stuff. I have ridden in the rain a bunch. Love my fastback!

Old 06-02-2010, 02:36 PM
ddm502001
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I have been riding a Mustang 2 piece for a couple years, made the mistake of riding a co-workers SG with a C&C, mine is on the way DAMMMMM that was a fine seat!!!

I have to admit I like the Mustang and will probably keep mine for the solo saddle but the feel of natural leather and a smooth transition of seating PLUS the lowering from stock or the Mustang, man I almost stole his seat for mine. I ordered a sport tour in Mercedes leather but no stitching.

Old 06-02-2010, 06:15 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by lionsm13
[B]
Great, now we can all tell you how happy we are for you, sheesh...
Like we really needed to know.....
I feel so much better now knowing that.....
Please keep us informed of anything else you might be ordering too..B]
Why on earth did you even bother to take the time to type that,, do you realize just how stupid you made your self look?
There is TONS of interest on this forum about seats, those who already have them, and especially those who are torn on which one to get, and don't want to be the other one who goes through 5 seats in 5k miles loosing hundreds of dollars each time he resells the one he didn't like!

Clark, thanks for the info. I am trying to decide on a seat to replace my stock SG seat,, think I want to go solo, with a passenger pillion. So I have been looking at the Mustang, C&C, Sundowner, ect... I think maybe you just sold me on the C&C,, I'll have to check them out closer.

Quick Reply: C&C Seat Ordered