Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Picked up my SG this morning *pics added*

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 12:11 AM
dionne51
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Picked up my SG this morning

Nice bike. I've had my '07 SG for about 2.5 weeks now and after 950 miles I love the bike even more than when I had my first drive home. If you don't mind, what pipes did you order? I'm having a b!tch of a time finding exhaust systems for the new model. Rinehart doesn't make their True Duals for the '07 model yet so I'm looking into V&H oval slip ons at this point as my only dissapointment is with the bike's sound....better than the stock '06 but still not the sound I am looking for.

Congrats on the new bike.

Dan

Old 08-15-2006, 12:21 AM
rhinoevans
Tourer

What is the size of the windshield on the SG?

Old 08-15-2006, 12:27 AM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 91 Likes on 50 Posts

ORIGINAL: dionne51

Nice bike. I've had my '07 SG for about 2.5 weeks now and after 950 miles I love the bike even more than when I had my first drive home. If you don't mind, what pipes did you order? I'm having a b!tch of a time finding exhaust systems for the new model. Rinehart doesn't make their True Duals for the '07 model yet so I'm looking into V&H oval slip ons at this point as my only dissapointment is with the bike's sound....better than the stock '06 but still not the sound I am looking for.

Congrats on the new bike.

Dan
Thats why I bought a 06 model and plus I got a heck of a deal on it.

Old 08-24-2006, 12:07 AM
dionne51
Road Captain

They call it 4" but measured from top edge of fairing to top edge of windshield at the center is just under 4.5"

Old 08-24-2006, 12:55 AM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

ORIGINAL: BadX

ORIGINAL: wnogood

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Sorry man, somebody had to do it!

nogood o~`o
Here she is. Naturally the first thing I did was mod the seat :wink: These seats actually mod better than the VTX seats do and they mod well. I was able to take about 3 1/2"s out of the bottom of the seat and flattened the back of the riders seat out where there is a nice back rest there now. The radio kicks butt, I wouldn't have ever thought I'd like it but I do. Spoke wheels instead of the cast wheels. I put about 186 miles on it today and loved everyone of them, the new pipes and PCIII will be here tuesday so I am sure I will love it even more so when I can here the rumbling.

I was really happy with the way the seat turned out. The stock SG seat has a pull tab at the back of the rider/drivers seat which lets you pull the back down into the valley that is cut out and that makes the seat look almost stock looking.

BadX...what would you charge to do my seat if I shipped it to you?

Old 08-24-2006, 01:16 AM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 91 Likes on 50 Posts

ORIGINAL: GliderXXX

BadX...what would you charge to do my seat if I shipped it to you?

I answered your PM GliderXXX

Old 08-24-2006, 01:31 AM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member

Dionne....go ahead and go with the VH slip on's. I think you may be surprised at how well they perform. I was told my several people prior to going with full true dual system that slip ons with the stock pipes may actually perform better than the full system and since installing mine, I prefer stock headers with oval slip on's. I'm sure my next step is going to be someones 2-1 eventually, and I believe the stock pipes with crossover actually come much closer to that than duals.

Old 08-25-2006, 12:27 AM
dionne51
Road Captain

Went with the V&H Oval slip-ons. Pick the bike back up on Saturday with upgrades to pipes, air intake, and SE race tuner............more to come on results.

Old 08-29-2006, 10:30 PM
dionne51
Road Captain

GliderXXX,
I posted a video of the bike with the new pipes in the video section of the forums. You were absolutely correct, I love 'em.

Old 09-10-2006, 11:52 AM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member

All,
I just wanted to report that BadX took delivery of my stock Street Glide seat last week and has returned to me after working his majic. I know I owe several pictures, (with my new lower fairings and now the seat) but I wanted to post what a great job he did on my seat. It is lowered about 3 inches with a nice scooped out bucket and back support. It feels great and looks outstanding. He did a great job on the seat and in my opinion, there isn't a lot of need for the bigger bulkier Sundowner with the stock seat modified like this. The only reason it would be preferable would be for a passenger, but I think the stock seat has pretty good support for the passenger as is. The stock modified seat doesn't move you forward like the Sundowner and doesn't look like an EG Standard seat.

Thanks BadX....great job and highly reccomended!!

Glider

Quick Reply: Picked up my SG this morning *pics added*