Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CB Install on RG Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 06:22 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 309 Likes on 200 Posts
Lightbulb CB Install on RG Help

OK, doing the mods to the RG, installing the boom CB kit. Everything has gone well except...I received a speaker switch with the kit, it came with four wires, three with connectors and a black one bare. I would think it plugs into the switch connector. My switch wires plugs into the right side and has a connector for what looks like for the left side but I didn't receive a mating connector for the wires to insert into.
Question, should I have received a new connector? DO the wires just plug into the connector without a new connector?

The switch harness that came with the kit has four metal prongs and the switch harness on the bike has a female connector that's blank. Seams to me I should have gotten a new female connector..to connect the new wires into the switch harness..

Anyone install this kit with the new speaker switch that can give me some insight and direction???

If all else fails I can call the dealer tomorrow..

Thanks all

Last edited by Casper; 05-02-2010 at 06:25 PM.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:43 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Casper, spent some time studying the 2010 HD Touring SM on installing switches and the wiring diagrams. Here's what I learned:

1. Your RG, unlike my EG, has a separate, four-wire connector for the speaker wires that is between the switch and the 12-wire connector that contains those four wires (after they're connected to a mating four-wire connector; probably the one that you don't have and would connect to the empty connector on your bike) and the rest of the fairing cap switches.

2. The 12-wire connector uses the same wire colors and chamber assignments as an EG. For the four speaker switch wires, those colors and chamber assignments in the 12-wire connector are: (1) orange/blue chamber 9; violet/orange 10; brown/orange chabmer 11; and, (4) black/green from speaker wire butt splices to cruice control wire in chamber 12 which is double-lugged (i.e. two wires in a single terminal).

3. If you get the "missing" four wire connector, the wire assignments for the four speaker switch wires are: Chamber 1 -- orange/blue; Chamber 2 -- violet/orange; Chamber 3 -- brown/orange; and, Chamber 4 -- black/green.

Depending on the length of the four speaker wires, you may be able to push them through the conduit to the 12-wire connector to the chambers referenced in 2 above and bypass the intermediate four-wire connector mentioned in 3 above.

For future reference, the connector you may be missing is identified as connector 105D; the empty four-wire connector on your bike is connector 105C; the 12-wire connector that the speaker wires and other fairing cap wires are assembled in is connector 105B.

The black/green wire on your speaker switch probably doesn't have a terminal at its end to lock it into a connector like the other three wires have. Your HD service dept./parts dept. can supply that.

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Let HD know they list the product as for all Touring models 2007 and newer, but don't supply parts necessary for installing in an RG.

Note: It's unfortunate that HD's installation instructions refer to information found in the Service Manual and is not included in the instructions. Such is the case here.

Sent you a PM with my phone number if you would like to call.

Carl