Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RED ALAERT Cam Swap Help Please@#$%!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 08:31 PM
SICKBAGGER
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OK this is all irrelivant but this post has 5682 views holy crap man! This has been an great experinece at my expense but I am fortunate you all have jumped right in and help console, help to fix and just give any and all information. I won't quit till I win as many of you have asked me to hang in there. It would be nice if you had all the time in the world and endless parts in your garage but it is what it is. I just don't wait very well and I am on my second day of waiting so no one sneek up on me!

I have nothing to do tonight but wait for tomorrow so I am getting to log some time on here like I used to do for pleasure untill all hell broke loose and my bike became a 900 pound paper weight consuming space in the garage and filthly to boot.

Thanks again to all of you sincerely and I look forward to a good report in the next day or so.

But check it out SICKBAGGER is now a friggin Senior Rider thats right uhh ha I wonder if I get discounts now or if AARP will be looking the brother up!!!

Old 05-11-2010, 10:18 PM
09sungloflhx
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont know how you do it you must have a ton of patience i would have snapped by now and problably just burnt my hole garage down lol i have no patience when **** goes wrong lol thats why i would sooner get it done by someone else to save myself the stress

Old 05-14-2010, 06:55 PM
ktombs1
Intermediate

So I am hoping that your too busy riding your bike to post any follow up. Would like to know how you made out or are making out.

Old 05-14-2010, 09:40 PM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 09sungloflhx
i dont know how you do it you must have a ton of patience i would have snapped by now and problably just burnt my hole garage down lol i have no patience when **** goes wrong lol thats why i would sooner get it done by someone else to save myself the stress
+1!! I've been following this thread from the start & I would not have a hair left on my head had this happened to me!! I was so worried about "something" like this happening to me I convinced myself to buy the cams new, even though my wrench/buddy was doing the install. I feel for ya' SICKBAGGER, Sure it will all work out for you though.

Old 05-14-2010, 11:44 PM
SICKBAGGER
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OK sorry have not posted in a while still kickin the dog and been on a drinking benge!!!! I really sat down and went over everything again when I got my head back. Put it all together again and man or I should say F**k F**k F**k at this point. But still no no good news to report. I can either get both cylinders to like 50 psi or change the cam timing to the TT296 and then I get 180 psi in cylinder 1 and 50psi in cylinder 2. Went with the adjustable push rods no more tearing the top end apart.

So the wife was done with me kickin my own a** every waking moment, the dog flenching at shadows by now, me smelling like oil everyday and more beer cans than the recycle bin can handle in a week this is the 3rd week mind you. So I rented a trailer for today, talked to the local tuner who is a guru believe me and Steve said to bring the bike to him. She said if I would do that then she had two tickets to go on a 7 day Mexican Riviera cruise.

So I conceed sorry I could not pull it off guys I and dropped the bike off today and leave tomorrow to head out to Mexico. I know Steve will find out what the problem is for sure. I just hope it is something stupid but Ill be damned if I now what it is. Stay tuned as next week I will revealing what it is that has me so purplexed.

To tell you the truth I don't think it is the timing of the cams with the TT296 because in that alignment it is further off compared to the stock cam alignment. I dont know what the acronym PNA in the TT296 stands for but I dont think it is these cams. Where is the timing marks on your SE255 Cams????????????????????????????????????

Thanks for keepin and eye one me.

I'll be bock!!!!!!!

Old 05-15-2010, 12:22 AM
BeeRAD56
Road Warrior
Received 430 Likes on 121 Posts

I've been following this thread as I plan a cam change on my '10 "96. Now that you have elimanited valve leakeage it seems to be a relationship issue with the second cam since they are driven from the same source. Especially given the indexing problem you discovered before.

Old 05-15-2010, 07:51 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by SICKBAGGER
Where is the timing marks on your SE255 Cams????????????????????????????????????
I don't have a clue where mine is, as I didn't even look at its position. At that time (Mar. '09) I didn't even know it was possible to get a cam set that were mismarked.

All this just proves that Murphy is still alive and well. I'm stumped and will be anxiously awaiting the outcome. As tempting as it is to continue speculating, I'll fold at this point and sit back like everyone else and wait for the verdict. Whatever it is will help others avoid it in the future, so some good will come from the debacle. Have a good time in Mexico.

Last edited by iclick; 05-15-2010 at 11:27 PM.
Old 05-15-2010, 08:07 AM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Hope you have a great cruise SICKBAGGER..........have been rooting for you.

Your experience, although wish it had not happened, has been informative and appreciate that you "shared the pain." Anxious to hear the rest of the story upon your return.

Old 05-15-2010, 09:00 AM
Dave54
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have fun ,but your killing us to make us wait another week to hear what the problem was!

Old 05-15-2010, 07:14 PM
09sungloflhx
Cruiser

i would have gave up long time ago lol i defiantely give you a thumbs up for tinkering this long but i to hope to hear waht the problem is i have been watching this thread from day 1

Quick Reply: RED ALAERT Cam Swap Help Please@#$%!!!