Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang's new? Super Touring Seat

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 06:45 AM
ncbeast
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like more feedback on this seat as well. I am 6'5" as well with a 36" inseam and need all of the room I can get. I run a Corbin Gun Fighter which is pretty much a solo seat but set me back at least 2" and 1" down but it would be nice if it was a little wider. When the wife or kids ride I have to put the stock seat back on and for two days after my lower back kills me. I have been looking into C&C and Corbin which would both have to be moded by them and would end up costing me at least $700 which is the same price as the Mustang. Not sure what I am going to do yet but really do not want to spend $700 on a seat that looks so big. Also thinking about just keeping the Corbin for short solo rides and getting a HD Tall Boy for $250 for the 2-up riding.......

Old 05-04-2010, 06:51 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,851 Likes on 22,756 Posts

You guys should should talk to Chuck of C & C Seats a site sponsor here, they could accomodate your riding/seating needs with one of their custom seats w/out the custom price.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:14 AM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,407 Likes on 1,593 Posts

I have the seat. It does move you back and down. I am not crazy about the backrest fitment or the fact that it is 19" wide but I have to get used to it. The comfort factor of the seat to me is better than the sundowner. I would have liked it better had they kept it 17" like the original touring seat.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:42 AM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by todd-67
I have the seat. It does move you back and down. I am not crazy about the backrest fitment or the fact that it is 19" wide but I have to get used to it. The comfort factor of the seat to me is better than the sundowner. I would have liked it better had they kept it 17" like the original touring seat.
What is it about the backrest you don't like?

Old 05-04-2010, 09:50 AM
TexasRanger
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm assuming that since it moved you back, you no longer feel like your riding on the tank?

Old 05-04-2010, 12:23 PM
ncbeast
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lionsm13
You guys should should talk to Chuck of C & C Seats a site sponsor here, they could accomodate your riding/seating needs with one of their custom seats w/out the custom price.
Lion, as mentioned in my post I have talked to Chuck at C&C and with his modifications and backrest the price is still around $700....Corbin can mod their Dual Tour as well but would lose the option of the backrest completly and still regular price.

Old 05-04-2010, 01:06 PM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by ww1flyingace
What is it about the backrest you don't like?
It seems to me that the receiver in the seat got lower while the passenger pillion remained relatively close to the same height as the std touring seat. In short you have to push it down against the foam. I had it dislodge when going over a large steep hill top when I got bumped out of the saddle a little bit. It didn't come out of the seat just the holder. I need to play with it some more. It's certainly different than the how it functions on the solo.

Old 05-04-2010, 01:11 PM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by TexasRanger
I'm assuming that since it moved you back, you no longer feel like your riding on the tank?
Honestly comparing it to the sundowner that I was riding with it feels lower and yes you are back off the tank a bit more. Visually it looks like you are not back as far as a HD seat because the mustangs don't ride up the tank as far so there is less seat hanging out in front.

One thing with these seats for a taller rider is that keep in mind that you are closer to the floorboards so your legs will be in a different position.

I ended up buying mine from mustang as I was unsure how I would like it. I have had them on other bikes and liked them but bike to bike and butt to butt seats are very individual. What you like on one bike you may not on another. Same goes person to person on preference. A lot of guys like the sundowner but it wasn't for me.

Old 05-04-2010, 01:28 PM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

It seems to me that the receiver in the seat got lower while the passenger pillion remained relatively close to the same height as the std touring seat. In short you have to push it down against the foam. I had it dislodge when going over a large steep hill top when I got bumped out of the saddle a little bit. It didn't come out of the seat just the holder. I need to play with it some more. It's certainly different than the how it functions on the solo.
Makes sense, guess thats a by-product of the rider seat sitting lower. Maybe they will look into making a longer post for it.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:34 PM
DeputyMike
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honestly comparing it to the sundowner that I was riding with it feels lower and yes you are back off the tank a bit more. Visually it looks like you are not back as far as a HD seat because the mustangs don't ride up the tank as far so there is less seat hanging out in front.

One thing with these seats for a taller rider is that keep in mind that you are closer to the floorboards so your legs will be in a different position.

I ended up buying mine from mustang as I was unsure how I would like it. I have had them on other bikes and liked them but bike to bike and butt to butt seats are very individual. What you like on one bike you may not on another. Same goes person to person on preference. A lot of guys like the sundowner but it wasn't for me.
Todd;

So now that you've had both the new mustang and sundowner, which is your preference? Does the sundowner push you away from the bars at all?

Quick Reply: Mustang's new? Super Touring Seat