Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Does the new AZ law make you more or less likely to visit?
More Likely (good on them!)
68.22%
Less Likely (shame on them!)
4.65%
No Influence (I just hope I don't run into a cactus!)
27.13%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

AZ RoadTrip - Poll

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 05:20 AM
PKellyMc
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: PacNW; Beacon of Conservatism in a Sea of Liberals.......AZ Snowbird; Just another Conservative
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Default AZ RoadTrip - Poll

On the 12th, 6 of us are riding from the PacNW to AZ for a week of dayrides, sightseeing, and relaxation (beer-swilling, cigars, camping, telling lies, belching/farting). Got me to wondering, does the new AZ law make it any more or less likely you'd want to visit or vacation there? I think they are only affirming [and acting on!] the same Federal laws that D.C. has been ignoring for years, and I say "Good on them for having the stones to take charge".

Old 05-01-2010, 05:56 AM
ripper43
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Something needed to be done. but to say the "New Law" influenced my descision to visit Az this June, would be No it did not. I use to live in Quartzsite Az and the lack of any "New Law" is part of the reason I no longer live in Az.

It's a great place to ride motorcycles and to me that's all that matters.

Old 05-01-2010, 06:18 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's a sad situation that we can't control the boarders of our own country. I don't blame those South of the board that have good intentions to look for work and support their families. Unfortunately, it's costing the American tax payers and that just wrong. The amount of crime is another situation all together. I would like for us to get a handle on the gun runners stateside that are selling across the border.

Old 05-01-2010, 07:54 AM
Harleyboyddk
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I ride in states that recognize my Nevada CCW permit. That's where I spend my money. As for people here illegally, give them the boot. Legal imigration is fine with me.

Last edited by Harleyboyddk; 05-01-2010 at 08:00 AM.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:10 AM
Dannl
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The new law only makes enforceable, in Arizona, the federal law passed that was passed by congress back in the 80s. It requires anyone stopped to have a photo ID drivers license which by itself will prove the the driver is legal. That is all the "papers" that anyone would need to have on them. The press is spinning this thing for political purposes Shame on them.

Old 05-01-2010, 09:07 AM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

The press spinning the story? Surely you jest! Had to give up national news a long time ago or I might be stroking out from high BP or replacing tv's.

I have little choice since we live here but I do not blame our lawmakers (in this case) for trying something. Fed's have already said they know they are long overdue to take action but "they don't have the energy now after the health care bill." Then the Pres has already accused LEO's here of violating civil rights.

But to OP.......I would not let that law give me a 2nd thought about riding this beautiful state.

Old 05-01-2010, 11:33 AM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I was down in AZ from Washington state for 2 weeks over Christmas. Rode 2000 miles. Also rode down to the border and stayed in Ajo which is just a few miles from the border. Local Ajo paper had a police blotter section. Now this is interesting.

EVERY DAY THE SHERIFF WAS CATCHING SEVERAL ILLEGALS.

This wasn't the border patrol. This was the local sheriff catching them and returning them to Mexico.

BTW, on our trip we saw countless border patrol and road blocks. It was obvious to us that even with those numbers the flow of illegal aliens was not being stopped.

Is the new law perfect? I can't say.

Did something need to be done? I would have to say yes.

BTW, The time in AZ was a great ride.

Old 05-01-2010, 11:57 AM
adlerx
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can I come with you? Oh wait, you said camping? Is that anything like a Hilton? No? OK, nevermind.
PNW weather has just bee rediculous. Hasn't been into the 70's yet and very few days even into the sixties. measurable rainfall 28 of 30 days in April. Forecast for this week doesn't have the number 6 in it anywhere, also no little picyures of the sun...
Wife and I were just talking about loading up the bike in the trailer and going somewhere warm and sunny to ride this week when she gets some days off...

Old 05-01-2010, 12:06 PM
Arizaino
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've lived in Tucson for the past 31 years...there has always been border checks on the highways. If you enjoy traveling...come to Arizona. You'll love it here. I don't care where you go in the US, especially close to a border, you're going to have issues with people coming across. Can ya blame em? This is a great country.

Old 05-01-2010, 12:14 PM
confederate
Most Wanted
Received 806 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by Dannl
The new law only makes enforceable, in Arizona, the federal law passed that was passed by congress back in the 80s. It requires anyone stopped to have a photo ID drivers license which by itself will prove the the driver is legal. That is all the "papers" that anyone would need to have on them. The press is spinning this thing for political purposes Shame on them.

I agree completely. Enforce the damn laws. This is nothing but pandering to potential voters. If they want to come here, fine, do it legally. If they don't and they get caught, send em back or sentence them to hard labor. What is the point of having laws if there is no will to enforce them??? Now I thought parts of SW Texas and NM had bad highways, they don't even compare to I 40 running through Arizona. Damn, what is up with those divits between the stripes???

Quick Reply: AZ RoadTrip - Poll