Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Does the new AZ law make you more or less likely to visit?
More Likely (good on them!)
68.22%
Less Likely (shame on them!)
4.65%
No Influence (I just hope I don't run into a cactus!)
27.13%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

AZ RoadTrip - Poll

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 12:24 PM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Let's see....a prominent rancher killed by smugglers a few months ago, they know by last transmission he was checking out some "crossers." A woman government official who lived in an AZ border town killed during her Mexico commute, gunned down in her car. Last night in Pinel County a Sheriff shot in stomach by smugglers (they think) that were lying in wait.

Nawwww....we don't have to do anything. These are Mexico or remote desert incidents, roads are still very safe, but I can't blame the gov for getting sick of it. I know I am.

Old 05-01-2010, 01:28 PM
Northside
Road Warrior
Received 141 Likes on 87 Posts

This thread isn't about a road trip, it's a political discussion and doesn't belong here.

Old 05-01-2010, 02:29 PM
screws4156
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE Enforce the damn laws. If they want to come here, fine, do it legally.

Old 05-01-2010, 04:01 PM
PKellyMc
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: PacNW; Beacon of Conservatism in a Sea of Liberals.......AZ Snowbird; Just another Conservative
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Ahhhhhhhhhh, Northside; our lone "Less Likely" vote??? This thread is intended to be about potential RoadTrips to AZ, in light of recent state choices.

Old 05-01-2010, 06:45 PM
Indianspringsaz
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Come visit us in Arizona.

Old 05-01-2010, 07:24 PM
slhanks4
Road Warrior
Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by confederate
I agree completely. Enforce the damn laws. This is nothing but pandering to potential voters. If they want to come here, fine, do it legally. If they don't and they get caught, send em back or sentence them to hard labor. What is the point of having laws if there is no will to enforce them??? Now I thought parts of SW Texas and NM had bad highways, they don't even compare to I 40 running through Arizona. Damn, what is up with those divits between the stripes???
They use reflectors on the roads here in addition to painted stripes/lines. Those divots are recesses where they place the reflectors. You find this only in parts of AZ where it snows. In the warmer areas, where no snow falls, they are surface-mounted reflectors. Obviously, you can't use the surface-mounted reflectors in snow country or the snow plows would tear them off the road.

Old 05-01-2010, 07:38 PM
Iron Patriot
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sure makes me think more about visiting this year. Saw Flagstaff, Grand Canyon, and Sedona last year with the wife. I might fore go a few trips up Ca coast this summer and see AZ again on the Bike. At least we know S.F. is boycotting, so that's a good thing.

Old 05-01-2010, 07:51 PM
BoomerBob
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why would it have any effect on anyone here in this country legally? You just show 'em your drivers license which you must have to ride anyway.

You actually have to be doing something illegal for them to even ask. The lame stream media and oblamer have blown this waaaay out of proportion. If they disagree with the "new law" then they disagree with the long standing federal law (from the 1940's). They mirror each other.

Now oblamer might not like it because he may not be here legally. We just don't know yet since he has refused to prove it.

He will have to for the next election though or he won't be on the Arizona ballot.

BTW; you have to show proper ID to vote in AZ. If they were going get their panties all in a bunch you would think they would have done it then.

Old 05-01-2010, 09:05 PM
confederate
Most Wanted
Received 806 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by slhanks4
They use reflectors on the roads here in addition to painted stripes/lines. Those divots are recesses where they place the reflectors. You find this only in parts of AZ where it snows. In the warmer areas, where no snow falls, they are surface-mounted reflectors. Obviously, you can't use the surface-mounted reflectors in snow country or the snow plows would tear them off the road.

Thanks for the response. Makes sense. Hittin them at 85mph when changin lanes still sucks.

Old 05-01-2010, 09:13 PM
AR-15 DEUCE
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Should of done this law 15 yrs ago or more.I will vist...oh wait I live here part time..lol

Quick Reply: AZ RoadTrip - Poll