Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bright ass lites need a group buy

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 09:45 PM
clutchglass
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys....y'all are probably going through more waiting around (for possibly nothing) than the $20 is worth. If it pans out for you great...if not, these things are pretty fantastic, and keep the cagers a fair distance away. I have the BAL-1 on my 09 Ultra, and love it. The other day a friend at work told me he was driving behind me coming in at 5:00AM. He said, "That's one bright *** tail light you got there"
-clutch-

Old 05-18-2010, 10:50 PM
schv
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in Delaware for the week, and there's a dealer nearby. If he has the one I want in stock (BAL-3R) I'm going to pick one up.

Old 05-31-2010, 02:39 PM
jntfxr
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Bump for the good Dr. Any progress on getting the group buy?

Old 05-31-2010, 03:21 PM
RandyDowdy
Outstanding HDF Member

Tagging along for the ride.

Old 05-31-2010, 04:21 PM
BBStacker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not to jack the thread but damn basically $200 for a single tail light? I understand the reasoning behind the thought but I have found that most people have a propensity for rolling up on you at a stop light or when you are slowing down.

My EG has 4 lights to rear and even that doesn't help. What I have found that helps a lot is the "Tailblazer" by Kinsantech. It modulates the brake light. Not for everyone but has worked for me for years. About $50 more or less. JMHO

Old 05-31-2010, 10:44 PM
clutchglass
Road Master
Default You Don't Understand

Originally Posted by BBStacker
Not to jack the thread but damn basically $200 for a single tail light? I understand the reasoning behind the thought but I have found that most people have a propensity for rolling up on you at a stop light or when you are slowing down.

My EG has 4 lights to rear and even that doesn't help. What I have found that helps a lot is the "Tailblazer" by Kinsantech. It modulates the brake light. Not for everyone but has worked for me for years. About $50 more or less. JMHO
You obviously haven't seen what this tail light does...or you'd understand what the whoop tee doo is all about. This thing has several versions of your modulating trick combined with LED technology that isn't like anything else you've seen when it comes to lighting. Several of the settings are brighter than the DOT limit. That's just on the BAL-1. I've been riding for some time, and this was $200 well spent.
-clutch-
P.S. Video doesn't do it justice...you've got to see one.

Old 05-31-2010, 10:53 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

I had the Kuryakyn Panacea light on mine for a year. Pretty good and pretty bright. The BAL will literally give you a headache if you stare into it. It can also be seen at 1/2 mile or better in rain/light fog, etc. Worth twice what they get for em, IMO

Old 05-31-2010, 11:09 PM
Gonzy
Gonzy
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Right on...

Originally Posted by clutchglass
You obviously haven't seen what this tail light does...or you'd understand what the whoop tee doo is all about. This thing has several versions of your modulating trick combined with LED technology that isn't like anything else you've seen when it comes to lighting. Several of the settings are brighter than the DOT limit. That's just on the BAL-1. I've been riding for some time, and this was $200 well spent.
-clutch-
P.S. Video doesn't do it justice...you've got to see one.
This was the first thing I did when I bought my RK last month. I installed the BAL1. I definitely notice a reaction when someone is behind me and I flash my brake light. When I'm stopped at a signal and I notice someone coming from behind, I give my brake another tap and the reaction from the other vehicle is very noticeable, they stop 1 or 2 car lengths behind me. Well worth the money, discount or no discount.

Old 06-01-2010, 07:29 PM
clutchglass
Road Master
Default Hypnosis

Originally Posted by BigDaddyMike
I had the Kuryakyn Panacea light on mine for a year. Pretty good and pretty bright. The BAL will literally give you a headache if you stare into it. It can also be seen at 1/2 mile or better in rain/light fog, etc. Worth twice what they get for em, IMO
Dude...has anyone told you that your avitar has a wonderful hypnotic quality about it? If you could combine it with the sound of a shovel head at idle, and maybe the sound of a cold one opening...you could brainwash people! LMAO
-clutch-

Old 06-18-2010, 01:29 PM
HawgriderPa
Road Captain

anything new on this group buy yet?

Quick Reply: bright ass lites need a group buy