Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lower Faring for Roadglide

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010 | 11:49 AM
sporty06
|
Road Captain
Default Lower Faring for Roadglide

I want to put lower fairings on my Roadglide. Are there any other lower fairings than HD and HOGG CHOPPS?

I like the HD fairing because you can add glove boxes, but I don't like the price. I am not sure about the HOGG CHOPPS because I have never seen them in person and in some pictures they look too massive for the bike.

I live in the Dallas area but have not been able to get the HOGG CHOPPS guy to show me a set as of yet. For some reason he is very hard to reach and doesn't act like he wants to show the product before I order. Which makes me more reluctant to order them in the first place.

So I was wondering if these are my only two options for lower fairings.

sporty06

Old 04-30-2010 | 12:54 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by sporty06
I want to put lower fairings on my Roadglide. Are there any other lower fairings than HD and HOGG CHOPPS?

I like the HD fairing because you can add glove boxes, but I don't like the price. I am not sure about the HOGG CHOPPS because I have never seen them in person and in some pictures they look too massive for the bike.

I live in the Dallas area but have not been able to get the HOGG CHOPPS guy to show me a set as of yet. For some reason he is very hard to reach and doesn't act like he wants to show the product before I order. Which makes me more reluctant to order them in the first place.

So I was wondering if these are my only two options for lower fairings.

sporty06
Thought you might want to see what my Hogg Chopps look like. If you get them, make sure to get them painted on both sides. I like them because they fit in front of the crash bar rather then around. Gives me a feeling of more room just like the RG fairing compared to a batwing.

Old 04-30-2010 | 01:20 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member

Bike looks great, Steve!

Old 04-30-2010 | 01:52 PM
sporty06
|
Road Captain

Are the HC taller than the HD Lowers?

The reluctance of the vendor to show the product prior to ordering is still bothering me.

sporty06

Old 04-30-2010 | 01:57 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member

The reluctance of the vendor to show the product prior to ordering is still bothering me.

sporty06
What do you mean by reluctance? I just went to their site and there are several pictures there. Just wondering.

Old 04-30-2010 | 03:03 PM
FUZZY
Tourer

sporty06
What year is your RG? I have a H-D factory set w/glove boxes of '04 Ultra I'll make you a deal on.

Old 04-30-2010 | 03:14 PM
Phurion
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by FUZZY
What year is your RG? I have a H-D factory set w/glove boxes of '04 Ultra I'll make you a deal on.
Sadly those won't mount up to an RG of any year without modifications.

I'm going with the HD lowers for a second time. Had 'em on my '07 SG and loved 'em. Never really cared for the design/style/aesthetics of the HC version.

Old 04-30-2010 | 03:38 PM
HJP
Cruiser

having had both, the HD will stop more updraft but will also cook ya in the summer. I beleive that the HC give you the best of both worlds. HC stops the buffeting but flows more air down low by your feet.

Old 05-03-2010 | 02:17 PM
sporty06
|
Road Captain

I live in the Dallas area and have asked to see the HC lowers in person. I have asked several times to meet where ever he wanted to meet so that I could see the size and quality. He has been reluctant to meet with me until today.

Today he sent me an email that stated that he did not have time to show the lowers in person. I can order them and if I don't like them he will give me my money back. That is a good attitude. However, if I don't like them then I have wasted time. How much I don't know yet as I am waiting on a reply about how long it will take to get them.

I have looked at a lot of photos and in some they look great. In other photos they seem almost too big for the bike. I guess it depends on the angle the photo was taken. Because of this, I wanted to see a set to see if they were bigger than the HD lowers or they just looked bigger in a photo. Seeing the real thing up close is always better than a photo.

I just never expected a business man to be too busy to show their product. Seems to me that this would take less time than ordering, shipping and taking a return back. But that's just me I guess.

I first talked to him last year between Nov and Dec, I think. Then again in February this year and it was not until yesterday that he stated that he would not show them in person. I wish that he had been upfront last fall rather stringing me along with excuses until now. I could have already had the HOGG CHOPPS or the HD lowers for several months if he had just said I won't show them; order some and if you don't like them I will return your money.

Anyway, I am waiting on his email reply to find out how long it will take and where I can pick them up. I don't see any sense in paying shipping since I live less than an hour from the address listed on his website.

sporty06

Old 05-03-2010 | 07:43 PM
Deuce Bigelow
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Phurion
Sadly those won't mount up to an RG of any year without modifications.

I'm going with the HD lowers for a second time. Had 'em on my '07 SG and loved 'em. Never really cared for the design/style/aesthetics of the HC version.

they will fit a 2010 RG with no problems...

Quick Reply: Lower Faring for Roadglide