Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turning off security 2009 RG

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 10:13 AM
MINI SSS
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turning off security 2009 RG

How do you disable the fob activated security system? The H.D. ****'s force you to buy it but we underground anarchists don't have to use it.

Old 04-30-2010, 10:26 AM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,301 Likes on 781 Posts

You would have to actually remove the security system and replace it with a factory turn signal module.

Old 04-30-2010, 11:13 AM
MINI SSS
Cruiser

I read somewhere on here that service techs turn off the security system when servicing your bike. I was hoping the instructions to do this were available (without removing the module). I'd prefer to just diasable it.

Old 04-30-2010, 11:27 AM
happyfeet
Cruiser

No one makes you buy anything.

Old 04-30-2010, 11:47 AM
MINI SSS
Cruiser

If not helpful, why reply. It's rude and a waste of both of our time. Why is there one in every neighborhood?

Old 04-30-2010, 11:49 AM
Navy Mustang
Road Master
Received 313 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by happyfeet
No one makes you buy anything.
That's not true. Just ask Congress who recently passed Obamacare with the requirement that all Americans MUST purchase health insurance.

Old 04-30-2010, 01:58 PM
happyfeet
Cruiser

At least in my neighborhood we know that having a motorcycle with a security system is in no way similar to what the ***** did.

I didn't mean to sound like such a dick though. I should have said what I meant which was that all the bikes I looked at were available with or with out the security system. Perhaps that was not the case when you bought yours.

Old 04-30-2010, 02:15 PM
MINI SSS
Cruiser

Thanks for replying. No big deal. Unfortunately my dealer did not offer a choice on new bikes. Not to be a dick myself my parents are from Poland and had "issues" pushed on them in WW II. I'm not Jewish, but "never more" is in my vocabulary. It is difficult for me to have things forced on me. I wanted the bike and you were right I didn't have to buy it. It was a leftover and I did get a good price and better trade. Be safe riding.

Old 04-30-2010, 03:58 PM
hog-doc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

To be helpfull: service mode is only good until you start it, transport mode is good until you introduce the FOB back to the bike to be able to start it. NEED to change the module as far as I can remember.

To be an ***: You DID not have to get security, its an OPTION, if your dealer WOULDNT change it out you should have gone to another dealer. We change them out back and forth all the time. Had you said " I dont want security or I dont want YOUR bike" they would have changed it.

To be a bigger ***: why not leave it? Its idiot proof, you dont have to "think" about using it, just change out the batteries every couple of years. Its so easy a caveman could use it!

Old 04-30-2010, 04:56 PM
fairplay
Road Master

for me, its nice to know that I have it when i need it but, it is a pita. I just put a fresh battery in it last month but every once in a while, when i go to start it the lights blink and no starty. I have to keep trying the turn off and wait sequence until it feels like starting. I was wishing I had purchased w/o security just this afternoon as my scoot had another episode.

Quick Reply: Turning off security 2009 RG