Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You Know it's getting Worse Out there When....

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 10:43 AM
Damascus
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I swear I am going to start writing, "It is illegal to talk on your cell phone while driving." with my key or a permanent magic marker on the next car that tries to takes me out.

I know better than to confront them at the moment and get run over, and this is better than knocking them out with a round-house kick to the head -- though not as satisfying.

No one enforces the traffic laws so maybe it's time to start making a point.

Old 05-01-2010, 11:22 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Around here it's getting harder to spot these idiots because we are to busy avoiding horrible roads,and potholes, if filled with water you could swim in them.The one advantage is most everybody is driving slower trying to save the suspensions of their rides.

Old 05-01-2010, 02:54 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,374 Likes on 2,545 Posts

i want a larger copy of the picture in slow rains post (#4) so i can print it out, and tape it to the side of my fairing...... then i can pass the dumb ***, beep my horn, and point to it.....

Old 05-01-2010, 04:33 PM
Antnee 2004 FLHT
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never ride next to cars on the highway. In front of them or behind them. Afraid of that cell phone user not looking over shoulder because they don't want to interrupt their call. Always ready to use the "Get Back Whip". That gets their attention. It would be nicer if I could attach something metal to the end of it so that every time they look at that crack, scratch or dent they would remember to watch for others.

I think the new generation of teenage drivers are not being taught correctly on do's and don'ts of driving. Probably because the parents are doing it too.

Old 05-01-2010, 04:43 PM
1st 96 ultra
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

can you believe we actually survived not to many years ago with out a cell phone stuck in our ear

Old 05-01-2010, 05:19 PM
dstegjas
Tourer
Received 43 Likes on 21 Posts

My job puts me on the road and in several states from time to time. So I see just about everything when it comes to someone talking on a cell phone or texting while they drive. I have told my wife that if I ever get taken out while in my car or on my bike. Make sure to have the cops pull the SOB's cell phone usaged records. If she finds out they were talking or texting. Then sue the living sh*^&* out of them in civil court. I also told her to make sure the amount she sues for is enough to allow her to live the rest of her life in style.

Jim

Last edited by dstegjas; 05-01-2010 at 05:24 PM.
Old 05-01-2010, 06:16 PM
beaucoup_dinkydow
Tourer

There are already plenty of laws on the books to cover this stuff.
Problem is enforcing them.
For instance, there are laws covering illegal drugs and look at the proliferation of them.
And I'm not about to go into the immigration thing.
And you can't stop folks from having their heads up and locked.
Just my .02

Old 05-01-2010, 06:26 PM
pilgrim08
Tourer

Originally Posted by sooie
support your new and coming cell phone laws
Isn't it a shame that these young people do not care enough about other human beings that they are not careful. This is why we have so many laws. When will we learn we have responsibilities that go with privileges? There are too many laws. Responsible people do the right thing and in most cases don't need the extra laws.

Old 05-01-2010, 06:59 PM
Bill03E
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

It isn't legal, but I am seriously considering getting a powerful cell phone jammer for my bike, some of those will kill a cell signal at over 2000 feet away.

Old 05-02-2010, 12:48 AM
Antnee 2004 FLHT
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Bill03E
It isn't legal, but I am seriously considering getting a powerful cell phone jammer for my bike, some of those will kill a cell signal at over 2000 feet away.
I have a free accessory switch. Just turn off when cops around. I like the way you think.

Quick Reply: You Know it's getting Worse Out there When....