Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 CVO Ultra

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 07:02 PM
patsfan
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 CVO Ultra

Does anyone else think that this an absolutely stunning bike?
http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US...odel/flhtcuse5
I love my 08 Roadking but the wife and I want to do alot more touring, she is just not comfortable for more than a couple hours on the king. Also, the partially blacked out look is really catching my eye. I didnt think I would go to a fairing bike for a few years yet but this bike has me thinking otherwise.
Those who ride Ultras, how are the stock handlebars compared to the Roadking (which suck)?
Anything about the CVO or 2010s inparticular I should be aware of?
I understand I probably want to change the pipes but for what these cost, I would not want to have to throw alot of cash in it.
Would it be prudent to wait for the 2011s.
Hell, I'm not sure this bike could even be had this late in the year.
Would like to hear some opinions.

Last edited by patsfan; 04-29-2010 at 07:04 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:56 PM
jmorganroadglide
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,305 Likes on 1,344 Posts

not a fan of the 110 ci engine, but many of my friends are hot for this bike. buy an ultra, do engine upgrades, add cosmetic features that you like. have a personal one of a kind harley and spend less money. if you get a 2009 i don't think it has a catalytic converter.

Old 04-29-2010, 08:19 PM
glenalt
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I just traded an 05 Heritage for a Ultra Limited. It has the 103 in it. I only have about 200 miles on it but I can tell you the wife absolutly loves it. After about 2 hours on it today she said, "my butt doesn't hurt like it did on the other bike." The only thing I have to do is raise the footboard or install an adjustable peg, she has short legs. This is my first bagger and I should of made the change sooner.

I wasn't sure just how the sound would be with the audio system but the 80 watt is just great, even at 80 you can here it without any problems. I gets louder and softer in response to speed. Darn think is smarter than me.

Go for it, you will not be disappointed.

Old 04-29-2010, 08:20 PM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice......if the heart wants, the heart wants.

Old 04-29-2010, 08:41 PM
firefighter156
Road Master
Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by patsfan
Does anyone else think that this an absolutely stunning bike?
http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US...odel/flhtcuse5
I love my 08 Roadking but the wife and I want to do alot more touring, she is just not comfortable for more than a couple hours on the king. Also, the partially blacked out look is really catching my eye. I didnt think I would go to a fairing bike for a few years yet but this bike has me thinking otherwise.
Those who ride Ultras, how are the stock handlebars compared to the Roadking (which suck)?
Anything about the CVO or 2010s inparticular I should be aware of?
I understand I probably want to change the pipes but for what these cost, I would not want to have to throw alot of cash in it.
Would it be prudent to wait for the 2011s.
Hell, I'm not sure this bike could even be had this late in the year.
Would like to hear some opinions.
I have had several new Ultras. Got my first CVO and will never go back. Contrary to what some want you to believe, the 110" with a tuner, pipe and a set of cams is a blast. I had a 2007 Ultra that I built to a 103" that doesn't hold a candle to the torque and power this thing produces. If you want one and you have the means to get it? Go for it. You won't be sorry. As for the color, doesn't matter who likes it. As long as you do. After all your paying for it. Good luck.

Old 04-29-2010, 09:44 PM
Da Butcher
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, not bad, but .................................................. ! ;^)

Old 04-29-2010, 10:57 PM
CarbideDude
Tourer

The stock handlebars on the Glides are perfect. You will not need to change unless you want to go ape. The fairing makes freeway cruising much more comfortable and pleasant IMO.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:02 PM
Antnee 2004 FLHT
Cruiser

Local dealer in getting the 2010 CVO in about a week. My buddy is putting a deposit down to make sure he is the first one to look at it and have the opportunity to buy it. Only one being built per dealership.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:10 PM
SUPRPIG
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For what you get I think it is a steal. That said... it is not exactly like I would do it but I do think you get a lot for your money. I keep hearing people say the CVOs are out there... so they are not sprcial but I am not seeing them. Custom Paint, 110, chrome plus, and extras... a deal. I can't afford it but if I could.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:29 PM
990rtracer
Road Captain
Received 47 Likes on 18 Posts

Well, I cannot comment on a new CVO I can comment on the RK to Ultra experience. My wife rides with me 90% of the time so we sold the RK and bought a 233 mile 2008 Ultra. While we liked the king we can't believe how much more comfortable we are on the Ultra. Great bike and will never go back, as far as a CVO is concerned. I would rather have a Ultra or the new limited and build it the way I want it for the money. I have ridden a 110" RK CVO and the power was impressive but I thought the bike in general was on the gaudy side. I have my ZRX when I want to feel real acceleration. I have started getting my Ultra the way I want it and a stage 1 from Fuel Moto will be the next mod and will give me the power and sound I need with this bike.

Attached Thumbnails 2010 CVO Ultra-img_4406_1.jpg  

Quick Reply: 2010 CVO Ultra