Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin Seats?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 03:50 PM
cHiLi_11
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Corbin Seats?

So I have heard nothing but good when it comes to seats made by Corbins other than they tend to be a little firm at first. Right now I am looking at the Young Guns for my 2008 SG. Question I have is where do you think I may be able to find the best deal for this seat? Is there another seat you would recommend to look at? I am leaning towards something low profile that will flows nicer with the lines of the bike. This bike is a weekend cruiser and that's that. Thanks for the help!

Nick

Old 04-29-2010, 05:33 PM
Damascus
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought their Hollywood Solo seat and I'm very happy. Pricey, heavier compared to other seats, but it's firm and that what works for me. I tour with this seat and can ride longer than I can with softer seats. Quality is top notch.

Old 04-29-2010, 05:59 PM
Overdoo
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cHiLi_11
So I have heard nothing but good when it comes to seats made by Corbins other than they tend to be a little firm at first. Right now I am looking at the Young Guns for my 2008 SG. Question I have is where do you think I may be able to find the best deal for this seat? Is there another seat you would recommend to look at? I am leaning towards something low profile that will flows nicer with the lines of the bike. This bike is a weekend cruiser and that's that. Thanks for the help!

Nick
Look at the C&C fast back. It is very close to the young guns in appearance. I will tell you this Corbin's customer service sucks. There turn around time from the manufacture is terrible. And if you need an adjustment your in trouble. C&C turnaround time is in the two week area. That's for a custom seat that is of great quality and appearance. They will make any alteration you want from their stock configuration. They will custom stitch it the way you want as well. All this and cheaper than Corbin and in a shorter time frame. The one good feature is that Corbin has a locking feature on the side of the seat where C&C doesn't. I have had a Corbin seat. I hated it. I love my C&C.

Old 04-29-2010, 06:10 PM
paguy
Road Captain

I had good luck with my second Corbin. What I learned from this site and experience is one) directly contact Corbin with your height and weight. If you live close enough ride there and have the seat made. two) get the flames on the seat. The flames does not cost you anymore and it is made of a little softer fill added on top of the regular seat.

Old 04-29-2010, 09:40 PM
iHarley
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have Corbin's 2007 Harley-Davidson FLH-CVO Close Solo Saddle w/ Heat. At first I was not real pleased with it, too hard. But if you read on their website, they suggest breaking it in, so after a few hundred miles, sure enough it shaped in for my butt.

Like their stuff so much I order the matching pillon seat and back rest. Great service and product, all leather, not plastic like some seats. Also the mounting / locking system is first class.

Would buy from them again!

Attached Thumbnails Corbin Seats?-corbin-hd-flh-6-cs-e_01.jpg   Corbin Seats?-corbin-hd-flh-6-cs-e_02.jpg   Corbin Seats?-corbin-hd-flh-6-cs-e_03.jpg   Corbin Seats?-corbin-hd-flh-6-cs-e_04.jpg  
Old 04-29-2010, 11:58 PM
FFeric
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I had a Corbin on my Deuce. It is stiff at first. It was a great seat. I was never sore.

Old 04-30-2010, 12:12 AM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Overdoo
Look at the C&C fast back. It is very close to the young guns in appearance. I will tell you this Corbin's customer service sucks. There turn around time from the manufacture is terrible. And if you need an adjustment your in trouble. C&C turnaround time is in the two week area. That's for a custom seat that is of great quality and appearance. They will make any alteration you want from their stock configuration. They will custom stitch it the way you want as well. All this and cheaper than Corbin and in a shorter time frame. The one good feature is that Corbin has a locking feature on the side of the seat where C&C doesn't. I have had a Corbin seat. I hated it. I love my C&C.
+1 On C&C! GREAT seats & great guys that really want you to be happy with your seat! www.ccseats.com

Old 04-30-2010, 12:13 AM
Throttle Jock
Intermediate

I just bought a Corbin Gambler seat for my 09 SG. Didn't get any modifications to it so it is pure stock from the factory and I gotta say it's the best seat I've ever had! Not to argue with Overdoo as he is right the CC seats are nice too, I bought a squareback for my bike last year from the advice on this forum. BUT the gambler has it beat in every way. Looks, comfort, riding position. Did I say comfort? Well that's why I bought the corbin. My *** was telling me the CC wasn't getting it, and I couldn't ignore my *** any longer so I broke down and got the gambler and I couldn't be happier with it.

BUTT our asses are all different and yours may be happy on the CC, but mine wasn't. My advice is to take a long look at that corbin and spend the extra cash, they cost more for a reason. I had to spend a lot of cash to find that out, and I'll never buy anything but corbin again. And my *** is smiling!

Old 04-30-2010, 01:14 AM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

When I sit on my bike, I know it's my bike. A Corbin will actually mold to fit your butt after a month or so. It's a payoff well worth the wait.

Old 04-30-2010, 05:48 AM
Clump
Tourer
Received 198 Likes on 55 Posts

I had a Corbin seat on an '05 FLHTCI and it never did break in. It stayed hard as a rock and was uncomfortable as hell for both me and the passenger. I put over 1000 miles on it before I gave up. I bought it direct from Corbin and gave them my height/weight when I ordered.

As uncomfortable and expensive as it was it was beautiful.

Quick Reply: Corbin Seats?