Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tampa Harley

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 10:22 AM
HemiGlide69
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tampa Harley

Anyone have problems with their service department?
I'm about ready to boycott them!!!

Old 04-29-2010, 10:32 AM
TitoFTW
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Service dept. in Albany, GA is top notch! Seriously, those guys do awesome work and give you no **** answers.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:42 AM
Jags93
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What did they do?

Old 04-29-2010, 11:14 AM
TheShrink
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gotta see where this goes.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:45 AM
HemiGlide69
Tourer

I bring my bike in for 10k service ($530.00), its spotless as it always is. Pick it up after work, my brand new led accent lights wont turn off for some reason, I figure its something stupid like a remote battery or something and tell the service guy I'll take care of it when I get home. On the bill I see a charge for shop supplies (approx. $29.00) on top of the $530 for the 10k service... Are you kiidding me? I bitch about that and he takes it off the bill, but be carefull, it is in the fine print on the back of the invoice, but they dont tell you that when you drop it off.. $530 for a glorified oil/spark plug change and now you want whack me another 30 bucks for shop supplies that you obviously didn't even use???? ...
Get it home and notice the bike is filthy, water spots all over it. So I start checking stuff, first thing I find is oil all over the front engine mount and frame, then the chrome oil filter has some old nasty oil change interval sticker thats not even filled out, cant get the led's to go off so I disconnect them. So I take pictures and get ready to call them in the morning. Next morning, before I get a chance to call Tampa HD, I get a call from the survey company for them asking how the service was. Well he got an earfull from me, hour later Tampa HD calls me asking what they can do to make me happy. I'm so pissed I dont even want them to touch my bike but decide to give them a chance. They fix the led's, they said they got wet from the first detailer, clean the mount, check everything again per my instructions and a good detail. Bike looks good, get it home and start checking stuff again and I find one of the exhaust (rear saddle bag support) hanger/bracket has the rubber mount dislodged and its metal to metal. They are supposed to check this stuff.. At this point I'm fu**** pissed. I fix it myself and have determined I am not going back.. F**k them!!!!! There is even more but getting sick of typing and can feel my heart racing just talking about it. We pay good hard earned money to these bozos and it just blows my mind how bad they suck!!!! You would think they would bend over backwards for us, instead they want to bend us over .... Needless to say I never heard back from the survey guy!!!!
In the pics you can see the oil on mount, the sticker and waterspots everywhere..
Originally Posted by Jags93
What did they do?

Attached Thumbnails Tampa Harley-wate-sspots-everywhere.jpg   Tampa Harley-oil-on-motor-mount-1-.jpg   Tampa Harley-wate-sspots-everywhere-3-.jpg  

Last edited by HemiGlide69; 04-29-2010 at 12:04 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:03 PM
TitoFTW
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That blows! I'd be pissed too!

Old 04-29-2010, 12:10 PM
audettd
Tourer

Wouldn't this be another good case for doing the work yourself? I'm in total agreement...you pay REAL good money for this service...not $7.50 an hour kid off the street type work. $50 for the manual and maybe another $30-$50 in material...sure beats $530.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:11 PM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 988 Likes on 679 Posts

Man that bikes a mess!!!!! How long could anyone expect that sticker to stay on anyway!!!!...Some of life's lessons are just more expensive than others.... A wise man once said about a mean dog..Bite me once,bad dog...bite me twice bad(stupid)Human...

Old 04-29-2010, 12:11 PM
DGlide04
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

bcartrette,

I hear you and that's why it's important to learn how to do as much of this stuff yourself as you can. Not trying to sound like an azz, but this is the reason that the Service Manual is your best friend, period. The $60.00 cost will be made up the first time you change your own oil, from then on, it's pure $$$ in your pocket.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:15 PM
FLHTCU Owner
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I understand your frustrations. I too am pretty damn **** about my bike, and if I take it in, they had better treat it the same way. I ask for the same mech to work on mine, and they accommodate. If I have to wait an extra day for him to free up, then fine. It's worth it to me. No matter what I have done, I never, repeat never, have them wash it for me. The low-man, newbie, who more than likely doesn't own a bike, is the one washing the bikes, and in no way, shape, or form do I want this person even touching my bike.

All that said; go with what your instincts tell you in regards to service depts. If you have a bad feeling, or see things you don't quite like, then stay away from them and go elsewhere.

I started doing things myself for several reasons but, a) mostly because I like doing it, and b) there's only 1 person to blame if I f*ck it up.

Me personally, I would take it elsewhere after checking around to see what others recommend. I would think there'd be several good places in Fl.

Quick Reply: Tampa Harley