Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tampa Harley

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 03:27 PM
carpetride
Elite HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

For that kind of money, your bike should have been properly cleaned, waxed and polished. That being said, changing oil and looking the bike over isn't rocket science. You could have easily saved a lot of money. "adjust the tire belt?" wtf.

Old 04-30-2010, 05:47 PM
Sallyman
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

sounds all too familiar - mega $$ for crap service... I was lucky enough to find an Indy here that is awesome and you get your bike back the way you left it, of course serviced properly and oh ya for 1/3rd the price of HD.... Guess who's doing my BB and cams next week?? HD can keep their warranty, can you imagine them letting someone that couldn't handle a simple service loose on your engine...........

Old 05-01-2010, 06:21 PM
tomryan
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by carpetride
"adjust the tire belt?" wtf.
tire / drive.. my mind was ahead of my typing, I think everyone knew what I meant.. well, except you..

Old 05-01-2010, 06:46 PM
Moonrider
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tj316
Look i live in tampa, have owned harley's since 1986, and i drive to pinellas county for service, go to fletcher's or jim's and you'll be happy, these are dealerships owned by riders that appreciate your business, tampa harley is part of the ferman car dealership chain and many of their employees came from the auto side of the business and have a car dealership attitude, i try to avoid them but in a pinch have used them and everytime i did i've been burned by poor work, service and attitude, hopefully you'll learn and move on
What he said with the exception I do all of the mechanical work on my scoot unless I havn't the proper tool. But I have had Jims do a little on the scoot and they did an excelent job.

Old 05-02-2010, 03:11 PM
Wanna Ride
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by audettd
Wouldn't this be another good case for doing the work yourself? I'm in total agreement...you pay REAL good money for this service...not $7.50 an hour kid off the street type work. $50 for the manual and maybe another $30-$50 in material...sure beats $530.
Agreed. Best $50 I ever spent on my bike.

Old 05-24-2010, 07:52 PM
speed8988
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SMSgt B
Sorry to hear about your experience and I wish I could comment on Tampa HD but I have only been to New Port Richey and Brandon. Both have been great when it comes to the service department. Brandon does wash for free but NPR I think charges $10. NPR has a great atmosphere since every Sat and Sun they have a cookout and bikers are hanging out there all day long. Brandon has become pretty lame.

Now, if you want service completed for 1/2 the price, I go to A-Team cycles up in Zephyrhills. They do great work but don't expect them to wash and polish your bike. It comes out like to brought it in. Check them out

V/r
Feel free to come on by the Shop for a look as SMsgt said we do everything HD does except polish the bike and charge high prices

Old 05-24-2010, 08:29 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

I hope they go out of business!

Old 05-24-2010, 09:15 PM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Nasty - but one thing, when you do your own service you will discover that dumb sticker attached to the filter in exactly that spot coming out of the box. I have no idea why Harley includes it - I always just toss the damn thing. My guess is the trainee who worked on your bike hasn't quite got used to doing the same. Probably his second oil change ;-)