Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 discontinued models

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010 | 08:49 PM
flight
Tourer

I heard their doing away with the street glide and Vivid black I know probably not...just getting up my post count

Old 04-27-2010 | 09:02 PM
watchluvr4ever
Road Captain

Originally Posted by BullyDog
There is a Super Glide Custom now. That is probably why they got rid of the Super Glide. For the price difference it does not make sense to buy the Super Glide.
It might not make sense to everyone but for me it did because I wanted alloy wheels, I prefer the FXD tank and don't mind a speedo mounted on the bars, and chrome covers were not a necessity. If I had to do it again I would more than likely buy the stock FXD. Sure the custom has some nice extras for the price but not everyone is looking for them.

Old 04-27-2010 | 09:18 PM
Coolhawg6622
Road Master

Hmmmmmmm

I talked about the new colors a week ago and everybody was screamin B.S. but now its all good??

Wow...........Dawg must be the man I guess.........What about the motor change? Or the new model?

Everybody will just have to wait cuz I am full of B.S............

Old 04-27-2010 | 09:36 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member

Well, I am going to show my age here, I remember when there was ONLY the EG and Sporty, (Sporty was 900cc) and I remember when they came out with the Super Glide the first time,, even in my teen years I thought it was the coolest one. I liked the one that was white, with red/blue pin stripes, and had the boat tail rear fender.
Harley-Davidson styling director Willie G. Davidson was aware of this phenomenon and decided to design a motorcycle for production that would offer the look of the custom bikes. To accomplish this, he started with the frame and rear suspension (but not the electric starter) from the FLH Electra Glide, to which he then mated the smaller telescopic forks from the XLH Sportster. This combination was referred to as the FX chassis, to denote an FL frame with XL forks. The drivetrain and engine accessories were from the FLH, the front headlights and brakes were from the XLH. To complete the Super Glide, he added buckhorn handlebars and a "boattail" tail/fender unit similar to those being used on the XLH Sportster.[1]
The production FX Super Glide was released in 1971 to a lukewarm reception. Particularly not well received was the "boattail", which also proved to be unpopular on the Sportsters that had it. Sales of both models improved when less radical rear styling was made available.

Old 04-27-2010 | 09:36 PM
Phat09flhx
Road Captain

I sure don't want to sound stupid by posting this since everyone posting about 2011 but I sure had to just put it out there that I thought it was wrong for them to drop the Electic Glide Standard. Any dealer will tell ya that they sold like hot cakes because they could do all they wanted with it and make it their own or whatever bike they might have liked wether it be a SG or Ultra. Think Harley is gonna lose money on that one in the long run.

Old 04-27-2010 | 09:56 PM
bmaier
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by BullyDog
some other news....Chrome Yellow is back, along with light and dark rootbeer, birch white and black, and the Ultra Limited is coming out in Vivid Black. Along with some other colors that I can t remember. They should have cut the Rocker C !!!!
wow, nice, anybody (Dawg?)have anymore details on what new color will be paired with the vivid black on the limited for 11? maybe granite like the mid year dark CVO Ultra???

Old 04-27-2010 | 10:39 PM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Coolhawg6622
Hmmmmmmm
.........What about the motor change? Or the new model?
........ hey, maybe the mention of new colors w/o even knowing which models they go on is all the excitement we can handle @ one time
.... Juul eye's a'comin', we can't start ridin'm till then anyway.

Old 04-27-2010 | 10:42 PM
The Guardian
Road Warrior

Can't believe the Softail is going away!

Old 04-28-2010 | 04:00 AM
h01waterman
Cruiser

I heard that all BLACK Road Glides have met their demise in next years line up. Harley wanted to get rid of their slow bikes.

Old 04-28-2010 | 04:24 AM
Jerry L
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Coolhawg6622
Hmmmmmmm

I talked about the new colors a week ago and everybody was screamin B.S. but now its all good??

Wow...........Dawg must be the man I guess.........What about the motor change? Or the new model?

Not everyone is screaming BS, just the ones that ALWAYS do when ever someone posts a new MY info. Kills me how they HAVE to post to say it aint true even tho it seems to kill them that anyone would want to even talk about such things. They could just ignore the post but don't. I know I always like to hear about the new stuff even just to speculate. It's fun. So don't let the naysayers get to ya. Keep posting stuff, there are alot of us that enjoy hearing about it.
Jerry

Quick Reply: 2011 discontinued models