Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ultra primary bike, 2nd bike a street glide or a heritage?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010 | 01:41 PM
tully_mars
|
Road Master
Default Ultra primary bike, 2nd bike a street glide or a heritage?

So if you wanted to have 2nd bike setup for more around town riding, what would be better? Is the street glide with it being lower and setup a little different easier to throw around?

I really like the ride the fairing gives because in my area on the coast it is very windy. My wife's Dyna with a windshield is no fun on the highways around here commuting to work, so I worry the heritage wouldn't be any better.

Thanks,

Old 04-27-2010 | 01:45 PM
limj23
Cruiser

Originally Posted by tully_mars
So if you wanted to have 2nd bike setup for more around town riding, what would be better? Is the street glide with it being lower and setup a little different easier to throw around?

I really like the ride the fairing gives because in my area on the coast it is very windy. My wife's Dyna with a windshield is no fun on the highways around here commuting to work, so I worry the heritage wouldn't be any better.

Thanks,
I have a 03 heritage and recently picked up a 09 ultra for trips and have to say for around town riding I really enjoy the heritage more, go figure. I thought the ultra would be a no brainer with the 6spd and bigger motor but the heritage really rides nice IMO.

Old 04-27-2010 | 02:08 PM
FLS2FLH
Tourer

I do miss my old Evo Heritage for around town. It's a totally different ride. Never rode a Street Glide but I'm sure it has the overall 'glide' feel. In my opinion the FLS is the perfect retro-looking around towner and a great platform for making it your own.

Old 04-27-2010 | 02:17 PM
gacoptrainer
Road Captain

If I had to choose I'd go with the Street Glide.

Old 04-27-2010 | 02:26 PM
vette
Road Captain

HERITAGE

Old 04-27-2010 | 02:38 PM
Flying Horse
Road Warrior

Why have 2 fairing bikes?
There would not be a real significant difference.

I had 2 bikes a few years ago and had a Road King and a Sporty. I'm looking once again for a 2nd bike, one that would be my bar hopper and I'm going Ironhead or Shovel. I still have a Road King so I'll have the best of both worlds.

Old 04-27-2010 | 02:40 PM
TitoFTW
Road Master

Originally Posted by Flying Horse
Why have 2 fairing bikes?
There would not be a real significant difference.

I had 2 bikes a few years ago and had a Road King and a Sporty. I'm looking once again for a 2nd bike, one that would be my bar hopper and I'm going Ironhead or Shovel. I still have a Road King so I'll have the best of both worlds.

+1. Why have 2 fairing bikes? Sounds like a lot of money to spend and have no real difference.

Old 04-27-2010 | 02:49 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member

Neither. The Wide Glide would get my vote.

Old 04-27-2010 | 02:55 PM
gacoptrainer
Road Captain

OK, I give. Ya'll are right about the two fairing thing. Fairing on one, necked on the other.

Old 04-27-2010 | 03:37 PM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member

None. I don't need an "around town" bike. My SG works just fine.

Quick Reply: Ultra primary bike, 2nd bike a street glide or a heritage?