Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ultra primary bike, 2nd bike a street glide or a heritage?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010 | 03:39 PM
gacoptrainer
Road Captain
Default Plus 1

Originally Posted by ww1flyingace
None. I don't need an "around town" bike. My SG works just fine.
As my EGS does for me.

Old 04-27-2010 | 03:43 PM
hog-doc
Outstanding HDF Member

My second bike will be a stripped down, aped up, foot clutch, hand shift, slammed to the ground Deluxe that will be the envy of every banger in the hood!

Old 04-27-2010 | 03:53 PM
mtairy biker
Road Warrior

My around town bike is a roadking

Old 04-27-2010 | 04:28 PM
Little Mike
Road Master

I use my EGC for both. If I'm around town I throw the lower profile seat on it and lose the tourpak. BTW, losing the tourpak, lowers the COG enough that it makes it handle like a different ride.

Old 04-27-2010 | 05:26 PM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor

Originally Posted by tully_mars
So if you wanted to have 2nd bike setup for more around town riding, what would be better? Is the street glide with it being lower and setup a little different easier to throw around?

I really like the ride the fairing gives because in my area on the coast it is very windy. My wife's Dyna with a windshield is no fun on the highways around here commuting to work, so I worry the heritage wouldn't be any better.

Thanks,
I think a Road King would make a nice "around town" bike. Ride with or without windshield but you'll have the convenience of the bags. 2nd choice would be the softail.

Old 04-27-2010 | 05:35 PM
sh57
Elite HDF Member

If I could have two bikes, I would take the Heritage for around town. I traded mine for EGC, but like Little Mike, I stipe mine down for around town and it is like two bikes. I love it.

Old 04-27-2010 | 09:19 PM
crash!!!
Intermediate
Default I vote Heritage.

The SG is a stripped down ultra right. not much difference in my opinion. if i could choose a second bike of the two it would be the heritage. you can easily ride around town, but still go on a day trip. you have luggage to throw some gear or groceries in. You can add some pipes and take off the windshield and have a cool bike. Also as others have stated why have 2 fairing bikes unless one is a fugly and the other is the ultra. Good luck in your decision. either way im sure you'll be happy.

CRASH!!!

Old 04-27-2010 | 09:32 PM
Ronp42
Account Retired

Originally Posted by boogaloodude
Neither. The Wide Glide would get my vote.
This get's my vote! I have the UC for trips. My wife just got an 09 Dyna Lowrider. She's taken and passed the MSF course. Now she's practicing for road riding. If I want to play around town, I jump on her Dyna. The 96 motor in that light bike, it's a rocket!

Old 04-27-2010 | 09:37 PM
tully_mars
|
Road Master

Well, just thinking. Appreciate all the opinions and the consensus is evident. Most would not have 2 full fairing bikes which I can understand.

On my way to work everyday when I ride I go across a 10 mile bridge that always has strong winds on it. Sometimes I take my Fatbob and with a windshield that is still an rough ride. The wind really buffets you pretty bad so not much fun. With the EGC it is much smoother. Just the EGC is a big bike with everything on it for riding in the city once I get there.

Thanks,

Old 04-28-2010 | 12:17 AM
ken b
Road Captain

Duece....

Quick Reply: Ultra primary bike, 2nd bike a street glide or a heritage?