Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Ultra Road Glide . . . just completed

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 11:18 AM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE=dawg;6635620]Looks awesome, but who's the weird little dude with no legs that is reflecting in the tourpak?
That's why my highway pegs are mounted so close. Very short legs. LOL

Old 04-28-2010, 09:49 PM
Ultra89Rider
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by eathomps
Two questions. How much do the Kury driving lights help at night (my ride to work is always in the dark)? And Ultra89, what is the double switch you refer to in your post?
First, The Kuryakyn Lights are not Driving Lights and do not cast a direct beam of light straight down the middle of road. It casts a wide White light in front of the bike, like a Fog type of light. It is great when riding in a very low or no light area. Or in Fog. I must admit that I have mine positioned a little high to let the cars in front know that I am there.

Second, If you look at the picture of the dash, you will see that there are two switches on each side of the ignition switch, much like the Ultra Glide. On the Road Glide there is only one switch on the left. The inner area has the Speedometer Reset switch. I moved it to between the gages, where Harley should have put it and installed the Kuryakyn Double Switch. This made the look better and gave me a clean look without needing to drill holes in the inner fairing for accessories.

Originally Posted by sifularson
When I did the intercom install, I didn't have the speakers on the bike. The location is where the instructions call for. Funny thing is that I was just at the dealer yesterday looking at the pod location. I'll have to figure out how to make it removable because I often take my tourpak off.
If you go to the Harley Web site and go to the Genuine Motor Accessories pages, you can look at the "Boom! Audio Music and Intercom Kit" (77108-09). From this page they have a pdf file with the instruction sheet.
This kit gives the Touring Motorcycle without a Tour Pak the ability to have the Passenger connection for the intercom or to have a Detachable Tour Pak and keep the passenger connection. It lists the items in the kit with Harley Part numbers. But the heart of the kit, The Passenger Switch Sub-assembly and the PTT/VOL jumper harness are not available outside this kit and do not have a part number. It has the Rider Headset parts I will not use and will sell separately on eBay. I am not going to put any "Two Sided Tape" on my Fuel Tank! I just wanted the passenger Headset mounted beside the fender. The parts enable me to have the Detachable Tour Pak and still have the passenger Headset hook up. I will add the speakers later without any switches. No CB switch for the Passenger. The only plugs I will need to hide when I remove the Tour Pak is the Lights and speaker plugs. It is much less than the 6 pin and 12 pin plugs that were needed for the two speaker plugs that were used when the head set was on the Tour Pak.

Last edited by Ultra89Rider; 04-28-2010 at 09:52 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:15 AM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Ultra89Rider
I am not going to put any "Two Sided Tape" on my Fuel Tank! [/SIZE]
That's why I went with the Ultra dash. I just bought the chrome center dash and replace the center panel in my stock Road Glide console. The loom that came with the Boom Audio system hook right up to the dash.

All I need to do now is ride to the dealer and get the system flash so my system will work. I haven't been able to test it yet.