Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

v-stream feedback

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 06:36 AM
ncbeast
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am 6'5" and have the CV LG and the wind hitting my ears gives me headaches. I am trying to decide between the Vstream Tall and the KW 16". I was hoping since the KW has the hips like the Vstream and the recurve it might be the best choice. Also waiting to see what LRS comes up with.

Old 07-24-2010, 08:40 PM
Wiki
1st Gear

I'm 6'3" - On the stock windshield for the 09 Road Glide (16" if I remember correctly), I need look through the top 2-3" when going up a hill. Otherwise, I am looking over it and not through it.
I definately like the "shoulders" that deflect the wind on the VStream, Klock Werks and Wind Vest.
The problem that I have found is that windshields with a flare at the top are distorted when looking through them and that's the part of the windshield that I need.

Old 07-25-2010, 08:59 AM
Theakerr
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SPARKY01, If you dont mind answering personal questions, how tall are you, what is your inseam and is your seat stock. I currently have a Clearview and it is better than stock but I am getting a lot of wind right in the corner of both eyes. So, I am also looking at the Vstream (and longrider) and like others I am wondering if the tall is too tall since I like to look over the top of the screen.
Thanks

Old 04-06-2011, 03:02 PM
Templar54
Stage I

I purchased and installed the 14" VStream windshield for my '09 Ultra. The seat is stock. Took it on 250 mile test run only to find that it performed worse the stock windshield I replaced. Based on their claim (Nationalcycles) that it would reduce the turbulence around my head. Well much to my surprise and 250 miles of exhausting ear slapping can't say I'm impressed! It may work with a rider that is 5' 10" plus but I'm 5' 8". How do I know this? Well I leant as far back as I could in my seat and streached myself up as far as I could go (making me a couple of inches taller), and I did notice a huge difference. Unfortunately its not a riding position I could sustain for very long. As for windshield clarity, it was good but did take a little getting used to. Their quality is excellent and the fit was pretty straight forward. I asked Nationalcycles if there would be any difference with their 10.75" windshield. Their reply was that the design and configuration is the same. So I'm guessing here but it probably won't make any difference to me the rider. I haven't tried this with a passenger yet so I don't know if or how it may effect them.
In conclusion IMHO is it worth the extra $$$ not really.
Rubber side down!!!

Old 04-06-2011, 06:55 PM
Robert_W
Tourer

Originally Posted by Templar54
I purchased and installed the 14" VStream windshield for my '09 Ultra. The seat is stock. Took it on 250 mile test run only to find that it performed worse the stock windshield I replaced. Based on their claim (Nationalcycles) that it would reduce the turbulence around my head. Well much to my surprise and 250 miles of exhausting ear slapping can't say I'm impressed! It may work with a rider that is 5' 10" plus but I'm 5' 8". How do I know this? Well I leant as far back as I could in my seat and streached myself up as far as I could go (making me a couple of inches taller), and I did notice a huge difference. Unfortunately its not a riding position I could sustain for very long. As for windshield clarity, it was good but did take a little getting used to. Their quality is excellent and the fit was pretty straight forward. I asked Nationalcycles if there would be any difference with their 10.75" windshield. Their reply was that the design and configuration is the same. So I'm guessing here but it probably won't make any difference to me the rider. I haven't tried this with a passenger yet so I don't know if or how it may effect them.
In conclusion IMHO is it worth the extra $$$ not really.
Rubber side down!!!
I'm sorry to hear of your poor experience with the V Stream windshield. Did National Cycles offer to exchange for a shorter or different design? We would love to hear how well they treat their dissatisfied customers. That could make or break my decision to purchase a product from them.

Ride safe,

Bob.

Old 04-06-2011, 07:02 PM
porkchopsd
Tourer

Got the vstream ultra low and I love it does the trick, high enough to make wind go over your head and I can still see over it.

Old 12-30-2012, 06:15 PM
harrell42
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2011 ultra limited that i had been running a klock works windshield, it started cracking at the ends and vibrating bad. I replaced it with the nc v stream 10.75 i am 6' ft. Work much better than the kw was a lot less expensive and is a lot thicker and stronger windshield, very good optics also. Had to put longer screws in faring. Only thing i would like to have it about 1 inch taller but i could not find a taller one that was tinted. Roller

Old 12-30-2012, 07:52 PM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

I was sold on Vstream years ago. Best design IMHO and is the absolute toughest windshield on the market. I chuckle at the videos on their site where they shoot the damn things with a shotgun and a pistol, not to mention beating them with bats, hammers, and rocks. Incredibly tough.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=HlEfJFDWXpM

I am 5' 10" and use the 12" model on my bike...you can see it in the sig pic. I've used them on two previous bikes, one HD and one sport touring bike. Damn good product. BUT, you have to get the right height for your riding position for it to do it's job!!

Check em out:
http://www.nationalcycle.com/catalog...ream_FLH.shtml