Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tour Master Synergy Electrically Heated Vest Liner

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 04:39 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts
Default Tour Master Synergy Electrically Heated Vest Liner

Has anyone used the vest, any comments on teh gloves and the equipment that connects the gear to the bike.

Old 04-25-2010, 06:44 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the jacket liner and gloves from Synergy/Tourmaster. Top quality stuff IMHO. I used it to 15 degrees and was comfortable , if not HOT, a few times. Hook up is easy and I went with jacket liner because there is the wires in the jacket for the gloves, one hook up, one heat controller. Gloves are NOT HOT, but more than adequate for warmth and comfort. I bought it all at Motorcyclesuperstore.com, got free shipping and had it in less than 2 days. The customer service was super and NOBODY could beat their price, less than 250 for liner and gloves! If you're going to use it anywhere SOUTH of Alaska, it'll be great and mush less pricey that HD's stuff.

Old 04-25-2010, 06:56 AM
djaudette
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tour Master Vest

I have the tour master vest, and used it all winter. It worked great. The controller has 3 settings, however started it on high but could not run it there the whole time due to the heat. Feels great on your lower back as well. I have gerber gloves and also heated socks that plug right into the vest. I have recommended this vest to many already.

Old 04-25-2010, 10:32 AM
mile high king
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Same as BigDaddyMike I have the full jacket and gloves and love them. Plenty warm for my Colorado riding. Previously, I did have just an electric vest (different brand) and it was still a big difference when you keep your core warm, but being able to plug the gloves in at the end of the sleeve is nice when you really need to keep fingers warm. I went this way after deciding that the factory HD heated grips were too expensive (including cost for dealer to install, because I had decided I wasn't going to try to fish wires in my handlebar)...I would have been in over $500 just to keep the inside of my hands warm, so I went with Tourmaster solution for a fraction and my whole upper body is warm. I keep an SAE outlet wire on my King anyway (for a battery tender), so I just used a connector from the Tourmaster round plug to the SAE flat plug when I need it.

Originally Posted by masterblaster
Has anyone used the vest, any comments on teh gloves and the equipment that connects the gear to the bike.

Old 04-25-2010, 10:42 AM
SC_Compact
Road Warrior
Received 494 Likes on 196 Posts

I wouldn't buy a Tourmaster poduct if they were the only ones selling electric gear. I bought one of their rainsuits and had a problem with it. They wouldn't answer their phone or return emails. Dennis Kirk finally made good on replacing the rainsuit but I never did get a response from Tourmaster.

I'd go with Gerbring or one of the other reputable companies.

To me customer service is very important and with Tourmaster you get zero customer service.

Old 04-25-2010, 10:55 AM
Rustell
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Love my jacket Liner...the gloves run small. I never use the gloves as I have heated grips