Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Indian Motorcycles

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 09:24 AM
FLUltrarider
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They're gorgeous. Wish they'd been available before I bought the UC!

Old 04-26-2010, 09:53 AM
RoadKingLou
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ill stick with my Ultra Classic

Old 04-26-2010, 10:15 AM
Bluzmn59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think the new Vintage is beautiful, especially in the pastel green with the brown leather bags and seat. And they are a big bike - I am nice and stretched out on them. The price is steep, but not if compared to a CVO bike and there is nothing you need to add to these - all chrome and lots of nice details.

My issue would be with the lack of dealer support and parts availability as well as no history with the latest incarnation of a proud old brand. So I will probably not be adding one to the stable, but it sure is tempting.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:18 AM
hog-doc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by 02ULTRA
Wow, some of you have your heads so far up Harley's azz that you can't even appreciate another brand. I love my Harley, but also love my Indian and hope to get one of the new ones some day.
BTW, the Indian motor is not an EVO clone, completely Indian design. The 1999-2001 Idian Chiefs and 2001-2003 Scouts and Spirits have the S&S EVO motor in them.
Your kidding right? Completly Indian design? Its STILL an Evo motor, they just made round cylinder and head fins and reversed the oil filter and pump. Still uses EVO bottom end, rods/pistons, cams, lifter blocks, etc etc!!!

Oh yeah, and has the longevity of an iron head with no oil!

IF they last 5 years THIS TIME, it'll be a miracle!

Old 04-26-2010, 12:23 PM
FLUltrarider
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I still like them. Not saying I'm ever going to buy one as I'm on my last bike now, but if they'd been around when I bought my UC I might be on an Indian versus HD.

Old 04-26-2010, 07:07 PM
Xguy
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

it is interesting to see the different opinions of HD riders in this forum, but one thing I noticed that is common, the Indian has some fan base still amongst HD riders, but when it comes to Victory bikes, forget it nooooo respect lol, just an observation.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:08 PM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 464 Likes on 360 Posts

....... yessiree, those Indians do look cool, but before i got too excited over one I need to know that Dragonfly made a fairing & InjunChopps made some lowers for them.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:16 PM
pettifogger1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Indian brand and its mystique died in the 1950's.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:28 PM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Count me in as one who likes them, would own one if I could afford lots of scoots. Replace our Road Kings? No way. Service, parts, aftermarket, etc, etc as many have stated and while it would seem well built/well equipped they are very pricey.

I followed the recent resurrection very carefully over the last few years and right up until the time they came out it was impossible (for me anyway) to tell what segment of the market they were after. Now we know people that are very liquid, have lots of assets and cash flow. Coming out just before the recent recession hit had to be a major blow.

I was hoping they would come out of the gate with an entry level or two, a couple of mid-range and two or three big $$ hitters. Apparently they saw the way back to the hand assembled high end only. Still can't agree with that approach but Stellican has a much better track record then I, so what do I know? So if I do win the lottery I will buy one....after I get all the HD's I would like to own first!

Last edited by IndyClassic; 04-26-2010 at 08:30 PM. Reason: redundant....redundant....redundant....dohhh
Old 04-27-2010, 02:53 AM
XLCR4GM
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I had a chance to ride a few different Indian models during the Demo Days that were held at California Harley Davidson a few weeks ago. Nice bikes and I am glad that they allowed them to be used for Demo rides so people could form their own opinions as to the ride the bike gave and the comfort level. I can see a niche market for these bikes as they will not appeal to everyone but it is nice to see the Indian brand being brought back from the dead again. Never say never!

Quick Reply: Indian Motorcycles