Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Indian Motorcycles

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 04:26 PM
dirtracin23
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There are many who think my RG looks "hideous" with its shark nose fairing. I thinks it looks "unique". That "hideous" looking fender may just be what inspires someone who desires to deviate from the norm to purchase one these scoots, just as the desire to deviate from the norm inspires many HD riders to significantly upgrade/change their stock MC.

Old 04-25-2010, 04:37 PM
CURTYS06FLHX
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a new 03 Indian Scout. Biggest piece of junk i ever owned. They went out of business again that same year. Hope the new ones are better.

Old 04-25-2010, 04:47 PM
kabong
Stage I
Default Indians

I had a 2001 Centenial Chief....nicest looking bike I ever rode. Love the style, the history, ect ect.
However......It had a lot of issues. I bought it brand new, I wrenched on it from the start. Went out of business in 2003 or 04. Went you went to get parts, you would be told "you know, that's not a real Indian".
They had an accessory catelog the size and thickness of a table napkin.
I really think, if anybody is going to turn Indian around, it will be the latest people that bought it. Their prices are steep, I would wait for the depreciation to hit before I bought one again.
I bought a 2008 Street Gluide and I love it. Dealer support and an accessory catelog that you could break your leg with, after market parts up the ying yang.
yep, a very good looking bike, but this time I'm going to "wait and see" before I jump in again.
Just my opinion............

Old 04-25-2010, 05:05 PM
dirtracin23
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by kabong
I really think, if anybody is going to turn Indian around, it will be the latest people that bought it. Their prices are steep, I would wait for the depreciation to hit before I bought one again.
That is my thinking too. Let them get the kinks worked out and see how the reliability is. If everything turns out OK then, just as there is with HDs, wait for some "posers" to buy one, put a 1000 mile on it in 5 years, and then unload it for a fraction.

Old 04-25-2010, 05:19 PM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by The Guardian
That fender looks like something you'd find on a Kawasaki metric or something like that.
I thought Harley looked like metrics,.... or was that metrics looked like Harleys?
Kawasaki did build bikes that were heavily styled after the old Indians and actually advertised them as such (not sure they mentioned the Indian brand).

I'd love to have an Indian Chief. Preferably an old one but a new would be great.

Old 04-25-2010, 05:44 PM
dirtracin23
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by piasspj
Kawasaki did build bikes that were heavily styled after the old Indians and actually advertised them as such (not sure they mentioned the Indian brand).
Probably used a play on words. Something like........."Classic native American styling."

Old 04-25-2010, 07:12 PM
Red.Road.Glide
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtracin23
Probably used a play on words. Something like........."Classic native American styling."
That's funny!

Old 04-25-2010, 07:32 PM
The Guardian
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by dirtracin23
Bahaha. Good stuff.

Old 04-25-2010, 08:09 PM
RyKR
Cruiser

I was actually thrilled when I heard they were producing again. I was hoping that they would offer something like the Scout again. They were affordable and a good bike. Instead all I saw was overpriced junk (maybe not junk, but way overpriced).

Old 04-25-2010, 08:13 PM
AsphaltCowboy
Advanced

well here is the bike you guys are talking about. i sold it last summer and have had my RK for 3 weeks now.

that was my 1999 Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan Drifter. number 189 of 1,999 made that year. i had all the paperwork and certificates and everything for it. it was a sweet bike and turned alota heads and tons of compliments. i was trying to black everything out and repaint it but i sold it to get my new pickup truck. there are a few others here in town now since i sold mine, but they all have the indian tank emblems and the ornaments on the front fenders and the feathers and everything. i didnt want to do that to mine because it wasnt a real one. i could out run my dads ultra with the pipes and power commander...until he got the big bore kit haha.

Last edited by AsphaltCowboy; 04-25-2010 at 08:14 PM. Reason: pictures

Quick Reply: Indian Motorcycles