Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Glide Fairing Issue Resolved

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 02:46 PM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member
Received 297 Likes on 177 Posts
Default Road Glide Fairing Issue Resolved

My local HD Dealer (East Orlando HD) took care of the problem under warranty. I think the MOCO is responding to posts and complaints of forum members and maybe because it is the right thing to do. I even got a loaner Heritage Classic for the weekend. I am currently just inside my 2 yr factory window. I'm not sure if the extended warranty covers the fairing deal or not. I hope this helps.

Old 04-22-2010, 03:09 PM
FUZZY
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nytryder
My local HD Dealer (East Orlando HD) took care of the problem under warranty. I think the MOCO is responding to posts and complaints of forum members and maybe because it is the right thing to do. I even got a loaner Heritage Classic for the weekend. I am currently just inside my 2 yr factory window. I'm not sure if the extended warranty covers the fairing deal or not. I hope this helps.
What problem?

Old 04-22-2010, 03:16 PM
Phurion
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FUZZY
What problem?
+2

What fairing issue exactly? The one where the radio bracket rubs through the outter fairing?

Old 04-22-2010, 03:29 PM
FUZZY
Tourer

Originally Posted by Phurion
+2

What fairing issue exactly? The one where the radio bracket rubs through the outter fairing?
If that's it, what years are affected?

Old 04-22-2010, 03:45 PM
Biggun-fxr
Advanced

I would like to know also. What problem and what years?

Old 04-22-2010, 05:21 PM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member

The radio mounting bracket rubbing holes in the outer fairing. Sorry about not being clear. The yrs affected seem to be 06-10 but I'm not sure. Mine is an 08 and was worn about half through. Found the problem when installing new speakers. First heard of it here on the forum. Otherwise you are in the dark until the bracket wears all the way through. It is a warranty issue and they are addressing the problem.

Old 04-22-2010, 06:15 PM
harleyhoots
Advanced

Originally Posted by nytryder
The radio mounting bracket rubbing holes in the outer fairing. Sorry about not being clear. The yrs affected seem to be 06-10 but I'm not sure. Mine is an 08 and was worn about half through. Found the problem when installing new speakers. First heard of it here on the forum. Otherwise you are in the dark until the bracket wears all the way through. It is a warranty issue and they are addressing the problem.
Is this something we can mention to are dealer and they will be able to find out for us?

Old 04-22-2010, 06:30 PM
dc3mek
Cruiser

Yeah, I'd like to know too, mine is doing it....you won't know it till it happens if you don't ever take the fairing off...

Old 04-22-2010, 06:43 PM
Beemervet
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 435 Likes on 317 Posts

So what is the remedy..........a new outer fairing that will also wear through some time after your warranty is over?

Old 04-22-2010, 07:18 PM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member

No, they actually grind down the bracket and fill the damaged area with something from HD that I am told resembles fiberglass resin. If you want to know for sure if you have a problem leave it and the dealer is supposed to take a look. Have no idea how well that works but I actually found the damage on my bike myself. The fix is no big deal just figured having a paper trail couldn't hurt if there are problems in the future.

Quick Reply: Road Glide Fairing Issue Resolved