Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What brand of Fuel Management system do you like?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 07:40 AM
kingkingking
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by imrotton2
i got the pc3 in mine and it does great .. i aint got no stage 1 either... down loaded programs are what they are... get a shop tune it on a dyno
Thats easy to say if you have a shop handy who can tune it.

Most dyno tuners here down under just arent set up to tune anything above stage 2. I cant even find one with 2 oxygen sensors. So I have had to tune it myself on the strip. Thats why I wish I had a TTS. The SEPST software is clunky and inflexible.

If you are getting a shop to dyno the bike then any tuner they can use will do the job. They all do the same thing, in different ways.

Old 04-22-2010, 10:13 AM
fireaxxe
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kingkingking
Dont forget your SEPST only has a 3 month warranty in the first place, just like every other HD accessory...
How long is the TTS warranty?

Old 04-22-2010, 10:16 AM
fireaxxe
Road Master

Never mind I found it.

THE TURBO SHOP, INC. (T.T.S., Inc.), a California corporation warrants its MasterTune Interface to be free from defects in material and workmanship for 45 days from date of purchase.

T.T.S., Inc. warrants to the original purchaser only (customer) that at the time of delivery and to the afore mentioned time limit, the product will be free from defects or workmanship which substantially affect the Product’s performance. The extent of T.T.S., Inc. liability under this warranty shall be limited to the prompt correction at T.T.S., Inc.’s option, of any defective part which T.T.S., Inc. determines to be defective. This warranty becomes void if the product shows evidence of mishandling, dismantling, alterations, mutilation, shipping damage or repair performed by customer or any other third party without prior express written authorization by T.T.S., Inc.

This warranty does not apply to product performance, improper installation, accidents, physical or electrical stress, misuse or any other cause other than the ordinary and intended proper use for which the product was designed. This warranty does not apply to damage caused by any outside influence.

Old 04-22-2010, 10:21 AM
Leftcoaster
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Like King says they all accomplish the same thing. You should pay no penalty warranty-wise for any tuner if you have a decent dealer. If your dealer tells you different, you bought from the wrong people.
That being said it's hard to go wrong choosing Fuel Moto and the PCV.

Old 04-22-2010, 10:22 AM
fireaxxe
Road Master

Thats easy to say if you have a shop handy who can tune it.

Most dyno tuners here down under just arent set up to tune anything above stage 2. I cant even find one with 2 oxygen sensors. So I have had to tune it myself on the strip. Thats why I wish I had a TTS. The SEPST software is clunky and inflexible.

If you are getting a shop to dyno the bike then any tuner they can use will do the job. They all do the same thing, in different ways.
I think some of that clunky and inflexibility is attributed to user error sometime. I haven't had a problem at all so far the program is smooth easy to understand and manipulate, I have been learning a few tricks that have given me a bit more flexibility, the user manual is very precise and accurate it also gives more than enough information for the average person to complete a competent tuning session. If you think SEPST is clunky and inflexible you will think the same about TTS they are virtually the same.

Old 04-22-2010, 03:42 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

TTS mastertune all the way.

Its way better than the SEST.

PC is fine if you are only stage 1.
Why would the PC be deficient for Stage II, III, or IV? They work for sportbikes including those used for racing, and Fuel Moto uses one for their 140hp supercharged FLH, so where's the limitation?

Last edited by iclick; 04-22-2010 at 03:45 PM.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:46 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by JCleary
Reprogramming the stock ECM is the better way to go.
Could you explain why that is?

Old 04-22-2010, 04:07 PM
kingkingking
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by fireaxxe
I think some of that clunky and inflexibility is attributed to user error sometime. I haven't had a problem at all so far the program is smooth easy to understand and manipulate, I have been learning a few tricks that have given me a bit more flexibility, the user manual is very precise and accurate it also gives more than enough information for the average person to complete a competent tuning session. If you think SEPST is clunky and inflexible you will think the same about TTS they are virtually the same.
Clunky:

When you use the trending function to review a data logging session you set up the trend pens you want to see, zoom in on the time that you see the behavior that you want to tune out, flip over to the VE or timing tables and then flip back the time scale has zoomed out to the whole session.

If you want to tune multiple variables you need to zoom in, take screen shots of multiple pens and then paste them into another program so you can bring them up.

The smart tune in the SEPST is much clunkier, it doesnt let you know how much data it has collected at each VE point that it is trying to make changes at. The TTS software lets you know if it has collected enough data to be confident of the change.

Just a few examples.

Old 04-22-2010, 04:11 PM
kingkingking
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by iclick
Why would the PC be deficient for Stage II, III, or IV? They work for sportbikes including those used for racing, and Fuel Moto uses one for their 140hp supercharged FLH, so where's the limitation?
I just know that the TTS / SEPST gives you access to the factory ECM which means you can adjust throttle progressivity, cranking fueling etc. Can the PC do that?

Old 04-22-2010, 04:15 PM
skull and bones
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Vance and Hines FuelPak on my 2010 RK. GARBAGE!!!!! Doesn't tune worth a sh!*&t, if your not a gear lower than you would normally be the curve is so flat you would swear your riding a moped. I have contacted V&H about this many times and they have changed their recommended map settings on several occasions and nothing has been helpful. Have a friend with an 09 (both are throttle by wire bikes) and he has the same problem. Finally got tired of it this weekend and ordered the Power Commander with the Autotune.

Quick Reply: What brand of Fuel Management system do you like?