Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pro Stage III Kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 10:17 PM
FUZZY
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Pro Stage III Kit

Anybody done one of these on 2010 yet? If so what did you get? #'s?

SCR EAM IN’ EAG LE PRO
STAG E III KIT – 103 CUB IC INCHes *
This 103 bolt on kit is designed to provide increased performance
enhancements at an attractive price range that will
work with your Original Equipment heads. Kit includes 3-7/8"
diameter highlighted cylinders, forged aluminum 10.5:1
compression ratio pistons, an SE259E cam supported by
high performance valve springs along with the appropriate
Perfect-Fit Pushrods and gasket kit. In addition kit includes
our “must have” EFI Super Tuner to provide the correct
calibration for appropriate tuning abilities. For race application
only.
Fits ’07-later Twin Cam equipped models. Also fits ’99-’06
Twin Cam models equipped with 4-5/8" stroker flywheels.
27513-08A Black. $1,499.95

Old 04-19-2010, 11:29 PM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

the kit you're referring to is part number through harley as #27544-10, and is actually the same kit i just had done a couple of months ago. designed with their new nomenclature as specifically for the trike and limited 103. we used my cylinders, bored rather than the ones in the kit, but everything went together great, and the results are great. look at the part number i put in the first sentence and you'll see that it's the identical parts list/recipe that they're using for that stage III kit. the cams work great with the 10.5 compression pop up forged pistons, and the super tuner, i'm impressed with the whole package. send me your email address via p.m. and i'll send you my dyno sheet. hey if i could figure out how to post it here, don't ya think i'd already have a signature picture???? that's why if you want to see my dyno sheet, send me your email address cause i haven't a clue as to how to do it in here.

Old 04-20-2010, 12:06 AM
hog-doc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by emwolb
the kit you're referring to is part number through harley as #27544-10, and is actually the same kit i just had done a couple of months ago. designed with their new nomenclature as specifically for the trike and limited 103. we used my cylinders, bored rather than the ones in the kit, but everything went together great, and the results are great. look at the part number i put in the first sentence and you'll see that it's the identical parts list/recipe that they're using for that stage III kit. the cams work great with the 10.5 compression pop up forged pistons, and the super tuner, i'm impressed with the whole package. send me your email address via p.m. and i'll send you my dyno sheet. hey if i could figure out how to post it here, don't ya think i'd already have a signature picture???? that's why if you want to see my dyno sheet, send me your email address cause i haven't a clue as to how to do it in here.
Photograph the dyno sheet, then you could post it!

Old 04-20-2010, 06:54 AM
FUZZY
Tourer

Originally Posted by emwolb
Thanks. PM coming.

Old 04-20-2010, 07:30 AM
smokindave
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I did the same build as "emwolb" but with a few different changes. I bored my cylinders also (saved $$). I used my PC-V instead ( already had it) of the super tuner. I also had head work done, SE adjustable pr's, Torrington cam bearings, Cometic .030 head gasket with zero deck height, SE compensator (you will need this), manual compression releases and a stronger clutch spring. I am currently waiting for my D&D Fatcats to replace the stock head pipe and Fuelmoto Jackpot mufflers. After the build we did a dyno and I felt I was leaving a lot on the table with this exhaust, so I ended up with 98HP / 106TQ but, the bike screams. I expect to gain some on both after the new exhaust is installed by me and I am planning a professional dynotune after.

So you see, you don't have to buy the whole kit but, just get what you need. My cost incl tax was $2,789 with the local dealer. It is important that you have confidence in whomever you plan on doing the work. Ask around about the dealer you plan on using. Lastly, PLAN YOUR BUILD and it will meet your expectations.

Old 04-20-2010, 08:42 AM
FUZZY
Tourer
Talking

Originally Posted by smokindave
I did the same build as "emwolb" but with a few different changes. I bored my cylinders also (saved $$). I used my PC-V instead ( already had it) of the super tuner. I also had head work done, SE adjustable pr's, Torrington cam bearings, Cometic .030 head gasket with zero deck height, SE compensator (you will need this), manual compression releases and a stronger clutch spring. I am currently waiting for my D&D Fatcats to replace the stock head pipe and Fuelmoto Jackpot mufflers. After the build we did a dyno and I felt I was leaving a lot on the table with this exhaust, so I ended up with 98HP / 106TQ but, the bike screams. I expect to gain some on both after the new exhaust is installed by me and I am planning a professional dynotune after.

So you see, you don't have to buy the whole kit but, just get what you need. My cost incl tax was $2,789 with the local dealer. It is important that you have confidence in whomever you plan on doing the work. Ask around about the dealer you plan on using. Lastly, PLAN YOUR BUILD and it will meet your expectations.

I have the PCV as well. They will credit the Race Tuner. What advantage is the SE compensator? I am debating head work. As long as I am right @ 100 HP I'll be pleased. According to tech, that should be about right with my D&D which he highly recommends.

Old 04-27-2010, 05:25 PM
FUZZY
Tourer

Doing compensator, ACR's & head work w/valves + Stage III. Should get me there.

Old 05-04-2010, 05:15 PM
FUZZY
Tourer

Anybody know if the MVA heads will work with this kit? It does not look like it according to SE Race Catalog?

Old 05-04-2010, 05:44 PM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 131 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by FUZZY
Anybody know if the MVA heads will work with this kit? It does not look like it according to SE Race Catalog?
You need the pistons that will give 10.5 with the 95cc chambers in those heads, I don't know the new pn but the old pn is 22137-08a if the new # ends in 08b I think the only difference is the sst top ring. These pistons have a +12cc pop up I believe. I ended up using a .040 HG to get a .035 squish and I am using 251 cams. Runs beautifully and still needs a dyno session longer than 30 minutes. These heads are very good units maybe a bit overkill on a 103 but they still work very well and I am using a SE 58mm TB also. oh and no compression releases were used and no SE compensator was used, starts just fine no issues.

Last edited by qtrracer; 05-04-2010 at 05:50 PM. Reason: more info