Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lawyer / insurance advice

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 09:51 AM
ssfirefighter
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lawyer / insurance advice

So the inevitable happened the other day. A damn cager hit me and caused me to hit another vehicle. So I call my insurance (Dairyland) and they tell me "good luck getting your bike repaired because you have no collision coverage".

According to them, I dropped my uninsured motorist, personal injury, bodily injury, and my collision coverage sometime between 2005 and 2008. They cannot tell me when I supposedly called, cannot provide any signature cards where I signed declining the coverage or any other proof that I cancelled any of these coverages. So they opened a "coverage investigation" and won't let me use the rental insurance, or let me have the bike inspected or repaired until they determine if they made any mistake or not. Now they are avoiding my emails and phone calls. They did tell me that it will probably take 3, 4, 5, or 6 more weeks maybe to resolve this, but "it looks to be you fault".

Has anyone else ever had this problem, heard of anything like this, or know of a good lawyer?

Old 04-19-2010, 09:53 AM
pretz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

where do you live

Old 04-19-2010, 09:56 AM
mi2az
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not at all. Don't you have the insurance policies showing what you are covered for ? I'm with progressive and the bill/policy shows all my coverage options that I paid for.

Old 04-19-2010, 10:22 AM
zoomin
Advanced

insurance cards usually have the info on them also

Old 04-19-2010, 10:57 AM
ssfirefighter
Tourer

The actual card has none of the information on it, and the only declaration pages they have sent me were from 2005 and actually show that I have the coverage. And the only changes I have made were in 2008, when I changed the bike being covered.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:06 AM
The Guardian
Road Warrior

You're using an insurance company called Dairyland, that should have been your sign right there. That does sound sketchy as hell though and I would get in touch with an attorney.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:12 AM
rerb95
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the person that hit you has no insurance? Or whats the deal with the accident, meaning how did it happen? I guess it really matters, how the accident happened, and who was the at fault vehicle. And if the other driver has insurance.

we need more info to help you

Old 04-19-2010, 11:24 AM
jgcable
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i don't think we are getting the entire story here.
1st. the person who caused the initial accident is at fault most likely
2nd. you keep referring to 2005 and 2008. its 2010 bro. Did you ever contact Dairyland regarding your premiums between 2005 and 2010 or do you just get your milk from them.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:33 AM
ken thompson
The Schlong Man
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ssfirefighter
So the inevitable happened the other day. A damn cager hit me and caused me to hit another vehicle.
I sure hope this is NOT inevitable.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:34 AM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

wow, iam with Nationwide and i get a new complete policy statement and cards and all my coverage each year from them and the office i deal with is only 10 minutes away.

Years ago i was dealling with a company little further away about hour and we went on a trip to North carolina when we got back i made a phone call and was going to change the polices and found out that i hadn't had car coverage for 6months on my vehicles man was i pissed. The company i was dealing with would shop all over the country for the best rates turns out some no name insurance company they had me with said i didn't make a payment. I called BS i had the slips from where i did but it didn't matter they cancelled my policy and never even told me or my banks. Could have been really bad. Still was cause it screwed us and we had to get new insurance on the cars and then they said we were new policy holders since we hadn't had insurance in 6 months i was pissed. I dropped everything with them and went to nationwide that was 13 years ago and i have been with the same local guy since and if i have any issues he has taken care of me so far and i just swing in and talk to him.

Quick Reply: Lawyer / insurance advice