Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lawyer / insurance advice

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 02:09 PM
SniperCJ
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like the only 'motor vehicle accident' that occurred here was when you hit the other car. You kicking the car, which set off the event, does not constitute part of the accident and would not be defined a hit and run. I'm surprised you didnt get listed as the 'At-Fault' driver for 'faulty evasive action'. ...or did you?

Old 04-19-2010, 02:21 PM
Unome
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mi2az
Not at all. Don't you have the insurance policies showing what you are covered for ? I'm with progressive and the bill/policy shows all my coverage options that I paid for.
Yep, there whould be a statement of coverage(s) sent every time they send you a new card.

Old 04-19-2010, 03:21 PM
pretz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Sounds like it's time to change insurance companies. Good luck with this debacle.

Old 04-20-2010, 02:21 PM
Homebrew101
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

thanks for the info on Dairyland

kind of curious how much your premium was on the bike in comparison to what coverage they say you had

Old 04-20-2010, 03:01 PM
silverbullitt
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always stayed away from Dairyland. I have had Progressive and made a claim a few years ago. One call, they fixed everything. I do remember when I was a teenager, Dairyland was insurance that guys with real bad driving records had to get. It was all they could get. I guess you get what you pay for. This one sounds a little fishy to me.

Old 04-20-2010, 03:17 PM
n8dc
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Why did you kick her car? was this accident unavoidable till you decided to get pissed and kick ? Im sure id have done everything I could to keep my scoot in one piece rather than kick someones car then crash ?. Face it there are a lot of ******** out there . This isnt the last one your going to run into . Sounds like you had a bad day and just may have made it worse for your self ? . and also all insurance companys send you a new policy update every year when you pay your bill . So wheres the paper work.. If Dairyland doesnt you should have requested it.. Protect yourself is the name of the game now days . They quoted me on my scoot and I thought it was a great price till I saw the coverage... No thanks ...

Old 04-20-2010, 03:21 PM
vistavette
Stellar HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 129 Posts

Do you have an actual agent you deal with? Dairyland is usually sold through independent agents; not direct (at least here in NV). If so, I would go down to your agents office. Each time your policy renews the company will send you out a new declarations page that will show all of your covegae and the premium paid; do you not read those?

I am an agent in NV and I make all of my clients sign for all coverage reductions even though its not required.

Old 04-20-2010, 03:22 PM
VETERAN75
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never heard of dairyland, must only be central US. You should really try geico, progressive, or state farm. Someone nationwide. I have full coverage with progressive. Just somewhere around $470 for the year. Haven't had to use it for anything but I got it.

Good luck on your claims.

Old 04-20-2010, 04:11 PM
lazybee
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I've been in insurance business since 1972. No agent or company should make any coverage changes to your policy without your written request. Also, a policy change would be dated an exact date. None of this sometime between 2005 and 2008.

Old 04-20-2010, 08:12 PM
JKAHD
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insurance

If you made your payments AND the agent/company can not produce any documentation on dropping collision coverage then you have a chance at collecting for your claim. You most likely need to get an attorney and talk about filing a claim against the errors and omissions coverage for the agent. You do have a duty to monitor your mail and review the declarations sheets for your coverage. If they have been incorrect for years it will be very difficult for you to establish negligence.

These type of claims take months to process and rarely settle for the full amount required. Frankly, you would be better off suing the at fault party and collecting from them.

Quick Reply: Lawyer / insurance advice