Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lawyer / insurance advice

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 11:34 AM
ssfirefighter
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The person that caused the accident did not stop and the insurance company tells me that I do not have uninsured coverage either, as a hit and run falls under uninsured. And cable, you are right, it is 2010, here in lies the problem, there have been no changes to the policy since 2005 except for the change to the bike covered. I traded in the softail for the Ultra in 2008. According to them, the coverage did not change when I added this bike. Until I called about the accident, now they are saying there were changes made somewhere between 2005 and 2008, but they don't know where or when.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:53 AM
sh57
Elite HDF Member

I am not a big poster on here, but I am a claims adjuster in NC. Here, a hit and run does not always mean it is an uninsured motorist claim. The laws vary by state so i will not go into the laws of NC as they will not do you any good. You should call your state insurance commisioner and also call dairyland and adivse them you wish to file an E and O claim,(errors and ommisions) Each agent should have this coverage for when they screw up your policy. That should get them going a little faster. By the way I have had dealings with your company in the past and they were not to good. Good luck.

Old 04-19-2010, 12:00 PM
ssfirefighter
Tourer

sh57,

Thanks for the advice, I will call and ask about the E & O claim. As for the hit and run, the vehicle made contact with me, and not my vehicle (I kicked at her car as she came into my lane) so the police say there was no property damage and it is not a hit and run to them. The insurance company completly paid no attention to this part of the accident. They did say they are doing a "Policy investigation" and just called saying they need a recorded statement from me. Would this be the same as an E&O claim?

Old 04-19-2010, 12:02 PM
ssfirefighter
Tourer

By the way, I just filed a complaint with the Texas Department of Insurance as well.

Old 04-19-2010, 12:04 PM
The Guardian
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by ssfirefighter
By the way, I just filed a complaint with the Texas Department of Insurance as well.
Dude, you live in Texas? That means you carry a gun! Why didn't you just shoot the bastards tires out?! On a side note, good luck to you with this and keep us posted.

Old 04-19-2010, 12:07 PM
sh57
Elite HDF Member

I would quess so, like i said each state has varing laws. Did your bike get damaged? Were you hurt? I would try and get my coverage straight first, make a first paty claim to you insurance company and them let them worry about getting their money back from the at fault party. steve

Old 04-19-2010, 12:13 PM
ssfirefighter
Tourer

Originally Posted by The Guardian
Dude, you live in Texas? That means you carry a gun! Why didn't you just shoot the bastards tires out?! On a side note, good luck to you with this and keep us posted.

Believe me, it crossed my mind. As she began drifting into my lane I looked over and she was waiting on me to look at her, as soon as I did, she swerved at me looking me right in the eye. So yeah, I though about the old pistola.

Old 04-19-2010, 12:15 PM
The Guardian
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by ssfirefighter
Believe me, it crossed my mind. As she began drifting into my lane I looked over and she was waiting on me to look at her, as soon as I did, she swerved at me looking me right in the eye. So yeah, I though about the old pistola.
Six shot revolver!

Old 04-19-2010, 12:16 PM
ssfirefighter
Tourer

Originally Posted by sh57
I would quess so, like i said each state has varing laws. Did your bike get damaged? Were you hurt? I would try and get my coverage straight first, make a first paty claim to you insurance company and them let them worry about getting their money back from the at fault party. steve
My bike was damaged, but it was from the vehicle I hit. The girl who I kicked did not stop. She just screamed and took off. Dairyland was quick to call the lady I struck and get her set up. They just don't want to pay for mine.

Last edited by ssfirefighter; 04-19-2010 at 12:25 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:27 PM
sh57
Elite HDF Member

then it looks like you have no choice but to go after your company and see if you can get the full coverage that you thought you had and then get them to fix your bike under your collision coverage. again good luck.

Quick Reply: Lawyer / insurance advice