Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pipes for FHLTK

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 07:03 AM
Dalton
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by scarygt
VH Dresser Duals, VH High Outputs, VH Naked O2 AC, SEST.. love the new found power. Not 100% sold on these super expensive VH mufflers. I also lowered the idle to 950 rpm which makes the bike sound like a harley should sound at idle. I raised the rpm to 6200 redline. I might get a set of rinehart slip on mufflers.. probably should of got those first!!! I love the Screaming Eagle Smart Tune.. you download a tune that is close.. then you go out and data log for a couple of hours and the thing figures out where you are rich or lean and corrects it for you. Very cool now since I finally figured out how to get it all to work. The bike runs very very strong! Love it so far. I think cams will be next.

I'll be taking some pics tomorrow.. will give you a couple of the exhaust.
Good Choice on the color!! Local dealers don't have any more Limiteds in that color so my bike came from 250 miles away.

Old 04-18-2010, 07:15 AM
hardwork2
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Power duals, sest, monster ovals,runs great.

Old 04-18-2010, 08:45 AM
envexed
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hardwork2
Power duals, sest, monster ovals,runs great.
Hay Hardwrok2,
I'm thinking about the same set up
Can you till me how loud that set up is , I want the deep sound but not loud riding all day and I like to listen to the radio.
What all differnce in power did you feel?
Did you dyno, what was the numbers. (what air cleaner did you choose?)
Where is the best price?

Thanks in advance ,
Ken

Old 04-18-2010, 08:50 AM
envexed
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Troopfire
I have V & H Power duals with V & H ovals. SE Supertuner. I changed to the 255 cams. Really pleased with the set up
Troopfire, same questions to you:
I'm thinking about the same set up
Can you till me how loud that set up is , I want the deep sound but not loud riding all day and I like to listen to the radio.
What all differnce in power did you feel?
Did you dyno, what was the numbers. (what air cleaner did you choose?)
Where is the best price?

Also, did you do the cams at the same time, or can you tell us the differnece the cams made vs the rest by themselves.

Thanks in advance ,
Ken

Old 04-18-2010, 07:37 PM
scarygt
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a bunch of pics of my limited with mods.. including the exhaust that I mentioned here yesterday.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...with-mods.html

Old 04-18-2010, 09:12 PM
2010 ultra man
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default pipes for FLHTK

I have Rush slip on-s with Jackpot baffles from Fuel-Moto. Great sound!

Old 04-19-2010, 03:26 PM
Troopfire
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ENVEXED,

I dont think this combination is too loud but of course that is subjective. I can listen to the radio or a CD. When you crank on it, it is louder as you would expect. Power... when I bought it, at Mikes Famous HD in DE, I had the dealer put my ovals on it and the SE A/C. They downloaded a new fuel map. Power was ok but did not suit me. So I had my local dealer do the 255 cams and the head pipe to get rid of the catalyst. I live in a hilly, Allegheny Mountains, part of the country. On the Interstate prior to the cams and headpipe when I was going upgrade and would roll on the throttle to speed up in 6th gear, it made more noise and would speed up slowly. Now when I open up on it, it goes. It has much better response in all situations not just going up a hill. You can also use 6th gear at lower rpm. The gas mileage has improved and continues to get better. At about 2800 rpm you can really feel it start to pull. I did not dyno it and do not intend to. I am happy with it the way it is. Like I stated earlier my local HD dealer did this work and has done other work for me int he past. I am happy with them. Their prices have been as good or better then anywhere else and in this area you don't have a lot of places to pick from that I am familiar with. The dealer is Highland Harley / Somerset, PA & LaVale, MD. Hope this answers your questions.

Old 04-19-2010, 08:21 PM
envexed
Cruiser

Thanks Troopfire,
They downloaded a map for the super tuner that was close enought without having to do a dyno? What fuel mileage do you get?
What did the moster ovals sound like with the oem head pipes w/cat
and what difference did it make in sound with the power duals wo/cat?
I know it's subjective , everthing really is but a eye/ear witness helps when one is doing research. I've not ran across anyone yet to hear for myself.
Thanks
Ken

Old 04-19-2010, 09:20 PM
Troopfire
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is my understanding that with the SEST you drive the motorcycle and the Supertuner tells you where to set it. That is what they did with mine and it worked as intended. With 1700 miles mine is getting 41.5 mpg all around, some highway, some in- town. I expect it to continue to improve till I reach about 4000 miles. I have the regular ovals not the monster ovals. I read where the monsters weigh more than the stock mufflers. First of all the 255 cams roughen the exhaust sound a little which I really like. It to me sounds more like what I think a Harley should sound like. The exhaust was a little louder with the stock headpipe replaced but not a whole lot. The ovals have a deep rumble. I have heard pipes with a deeper sound but these are pretty good. I like V & H quality. I have never had a problem with anything they produce. I still want to have someone else ride my bike so I can hear it. Others riding behind me told me it sounds really good. I have heard ovals on other bikes in the past and liked them. That is why I went with the ovals. Plus I like the looks they are different.