Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When you fuel up, do you sit on the bike?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 09:05 AM
ddm502001
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I sit and fill mine, on the jiffy stand, I stay in control of the nozzle never latching it and no trouble(knock on wood) to date.

Old 04-17-2010, 09:10 AM
Dalton
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry, but my gnads do not need cleaned with methanol if the fill nosle malfunctions. That and if there was a fire, I want to be the first one across the parking lot, far away from the bike and pump.

Last edited by Dalton; 04-17-2010 at 09:48 AM.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:47 AM
mongomark
Road Master
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by jmacdonald5
..ok..when I pull in for gas, I have to get off the bike to A. put the credit card into the pump slot, or B. go into the store to pre pay for the gas..so I'm off the bike at that point...might as well pump the gas THEN get back on and leave...seems logical
Me too

Old 04-17-2010, 09:54 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Dalton
Sorry, but my gnads do not need cleaned with methanol if the fill nosle malfunctions. That and if there was a fire, I want to be the first one across the parking lot, far away from the bike and pump.
You won't be first one, that would be me. lol

Old 04-17-2010, 10:22 AM
ehans
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Phat09flhx
Now there are some states that you can't even pump your own gas, they do it for you and tell ya to get back on the bike or in your car so that they can do their job. Might be something new or maybe someone had an accident and they are being cautious.
I think only NJ and OR are like that. I lived in NJ for three years (until 9 months ago) and the law there is they cannot force you to pump your own gas, but you can tell them to get away. In 3 years, they NEVER pumped my gas and only one time was a guy so obstinate about it that I drove to the station across the street and pumped my own there.

I would never EVER consider letting someone pump gas into my bike. I'd be curious to know what OR law says on the matter. I suspect it is like NJ - they are required to have someone there to pump gas, but you can refuse them.

Old 04-17-2010, 10:38 AM
Bluetoys
Road Master

I sit on my bike. Close enough to set the cap on the pump, slide the card. Right foot on the forward control so my leg doesn't get hot.

My question is, We all know you HAVE to take your helmet off or look like a dweeb, but what about the doo-rag?

Old 04-17-2010, 10:56 AM
sparky_mo
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Always off the bike.

Old 04-17-2010, 11:07 AM
natetp1227
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have never sat on the bike while fueling. One of my buddies always does and he makes sure to get every extra drop into the tank.

The new Harley honeycomb neck really sucks though. I never feel that it is all the way full!

Old 04-17-2010, 11:29 AM
KingCripps
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Bluetoys
I sit on my bike. Close enough to set the cap on the pump, slide the card. Right foot on the forward control so my leg doesn't get hot.

My question is, We all know you HAVE to take your helmet off or look like a dweeb, but what about the doo-rag?
I always sit on the bike too. Never had a problem and never really thought about it (until now!).

Helmet? What's that? Doo-rag? Ruin the look of my perfectly kept bald head????

Probably a dweeb with or without.

Old 04-17-2010, 11:40 AM
brunosrk
Tourer

Originally Posted by jmacdonald5
..ok..when I pull in for gas, I have to get off the bike to A. put the credit card into the pump slot, or B. go into the store to pre pay for the gas..so I'm off the bike at that point...might as well pump the gas THEN get back on and leave...seems logical
Exactly what I do, with one thing left out, we old guys probably need to pee also!!

Quick Reply: When you fuel up, do you sit on the bike?