Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pillow-Look Seat on Limited

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 02:36 AM
doc_cj
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Pillow-Look Seat on Limited

I'm hoping some of my fellow Limited owners can help ... I'm looking for some good pics of the Pillow-Look Road Zeppelin seat and/or Rider Backrest (Pillow-Look) on the Limited. If you've got something other than the Pillow-Look RZ seat (or backrest) then I'd love to see those as well). I have a couple reasons for this request.

I had the Comfort Stitch rider backrest on my '09 Ultra, and I was about to order a new one for the Limited when I had a sudden concern for the fit to the Limited. I know the seat on the Ultra and the Limited are the same, but I wondered if they took the same hardware for the rider backrest. So, I went to my trusty HD catalog and the website. Therein lays the problem.

There appears to be a bit of a conflict between the catalog and what is shown on the HD site.

In the 2010 catalog, on page 366, there are the adjustable rider backrest. And of course, there is the Comfort Stitch, along with several other choices. The conflict is that when you go to the HD website, and use the FLHTK as your bike, the search turns up only one choice for the rider's backrest. Whether you use the menu or do a search, both will come up with only the Pillow-Look backrest.

So ... my reason for requesting the pictures is to first see if anyone else has something other than the PL for the adjustable backrest. If not, then I'll have to order a PL, which is where it gets a bit more complicated.

I am also interested in the Road Zeppelin seat. If I am restricted to the PL backrest, then I'll also want to order the PL RZ seat (which is $100 more). More interestingly, if I'm restricted to the PL backrest, and I decide to use another seat (such as the Hammock) then the PL backrest may look odd when paired with a non-PL seat like the Hammock.

My hope is that it's only paranoia, and that it is really the mounting hardware that makes the big difference on the backrest. From what I can see, the mounting hardware is the same for all the backrest styles; however, just in case there's something odd about the actual backrest (and thus the reason for the PL only on the website) then waiting to order isn't such a bad choice.

Old 04-17-2010, 06:07 AM
MTGlide
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the adjustable rider backrest with a smooth pad and the Hammock seat on my Limited. I choose the smooth style figuring that it would match most seats. I hated the stock seat. I was considering the Road Zeppelin but it's really quite large so I bought the Hammock seat instead and so far, it's working great for me.