Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mounting an antenna

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006 | 09:32 PM
skid jackson
|
Cruiser
Default Mounting an antenna

07 flht.

I go down to the dealer and the parts guy sells me this box of "stuff" that is for relocating an antenna onto a road glide tour pack. Says the regular parts are in there use what you need. Price was $100. Ouch. I open up hte box and don't like the looks of it. I go online and find this

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

for 30 odd bucks. No pics though so i'm not sure what comes with it. Who has mounted up an antenna to an flht. Looking at the bike from the rear what side does it go on and what did you use. Word up i got a retro radio kit in the mail!!

Old 08-08-2006 | 10:07 PM
Nav
Cruiser
Default RE: Mounting an antenna

I installed a retro radio kit in my FLHT and matched it up to a tune trapper FM hidden antenna and have been pleased with the results. The antenna cost less than $40.00 with shipping.

http://www.ecshylites.citymax.com/page/page/761353.htm

Old 08-08-2006 | 10:34 PM
Mr Wonderful
Road Master

ORIGINAL: skid jackson

07 flht.

I go down to the dealer and the parts guy sells me this box of "stuff" that is for relocating an antenna onto a road glide tour pack. Says the regular parts are in there use what you need. Price was $100. Ouch. I open up hte box and don't like the looks of it. I go online and find this

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

for 30 odd bucks. No pics though so i'm not sure what comes with it. Who has mounted up an antenna to an flht. Looking at the bike from the rear what side does it go on and what did you use. Word up i got a retro radio kit in the mail!!
Sadly, some of the parts-counter guys are not very savvy......they hurt more than they help when they are new. I ALWAYS peruse the Parts and Accessories Catalog before I go in the dealership. If I find what I need there, I write down the part number and page number I found it on........just in case. Dealerships usually have the book on the counter.

I have heard good things about the hidden "in the fairing" antennae.........I think eGlide Goodies would be a good source, too.

Old 08-08-2006 | 10:49 PM
06yellowrg
Intermediate

skid jackson I have a 06 rg with a king tour pack on it . i went to an autoparts store for 5 bucks and bought and antenna for it . all the cables are on your bike to hook up the am/fm anetenna. They build the RG with the same calbes in them as the ultra's classic have . hope that helps