Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rinehart True Duals too loud

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 01:55 PM
rscott82
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rinehart True Duals too loud

I have a 07 FLHTCU with Rinehart True Duals. I really like the sound but for long rides its just too loud. I have tried the quiet baffles and they are a little quieter but sound like crap. I believe the Rinehart headers are 2". I am looking for some input for a replacement muffler that will work with the Rinehart headers. I am using a ThunderMax ECM so tuning shouldn't be an issue. Will the V&H Monster Ovals or Bub 7 Stealth work with these headers?

Thanks.

Old 04-16-2010, 02:03 PM
strtarrow
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

JMO but no such thing as too loud. I often times use earplugs but not so much because of the pipes but the wind noise.

Old 04-16-2010, 02:27 PM
wcsj55@yahoo.com
Extreme HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a friend with a 07 FLHT Ultra with a 110ci with big HP who has Rinehart duals and on long trips we put him in the back so we can here our music !!!

Old 04-16-2010, 06:30 PM
Snowfly
Tourer

I didn't care for the quiet baffles when I first put them in, but as the miles go by I have grown to like them. Have you had them long?

Old 04-16-2010, 06:44 PM
92evo
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I started with Reinharts. A little to loud. Went to the Bub 7s. Still a little loud. Maybe I'm getting old. I dont think there are many options out there for a 2" pipe. The whole idea is to move more air with less restriction for more HP. I think the only option may be go to an 1 3/4" header with a new muffler choice.

Old 04-16-2010, 07:04 PM
KY HDRider
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

I had a hard time listening to my stereo over the Rineharts till I bought and wrapped my baffles with this stuff.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/20-x-...item1e5b67683c

I cut it in half and wrapped each 2" baffle with the matting and secured in place with wire. Now the Rineharts have a deep rumble at normal throttle but bark when I get on it. I like it.

Good luck.

Old 04-16-2010, 08:26 PM
rscott82
Novice

Originally Posted by Snowfly
I didn't care for the quiet baffles when I first put them in, but as the miles go by I have grown to like them. Have you had them long?
I have had the quiet baffles for about a week. They sound okay at idle or low RPMs but under load they sound bad to me. Not a deep throaty sound but more of a popping sound. I liked the original baffles but my ears can handle long term exposure.

Old 04-16-2010, 08:28 PM
rscott82
Novice

Originally Posted by 92evo
I started with Reinharts. A little to loud. Went to the Bub 7s. Still a little loud. Maybe I'm getting old. I dont think there are many options out there for a 2" pipe. The whole idea is to move more air with less restriction for more HP. I think the only option may be go to an 1 3/4" header with a new muffler choice.
Have you tried the Bub 7 Stealth mufflers? From what I have read they are much quieter and come in version for 2" headers. I may go this route unless I find some bad reviews.

Old 04-16-2010, 09:14 PM
Snowfly
Tourer

Originally Posted by rscott82
I have had the quiet baffles for about a week. They sound okay at idle or low RPMs but under load they sound bad to me. Not a deep throaty sound but more of a popping sound. I liked the original baffles but my ears can handle long term exposure.
I thought the same thing. I was accustomed to that deep note the originals baffles put out but my ears would ring after a long ride. The quiet baffles appeared to be a little "tinny" to me at first. After a while you will forget how the original baffles sounded and the new sound just might appeal to you. Give then a chance before you give up on them. My ears don't ring anymore and the noise of the exhaust doesn't always have my attention like it used to.

Old 04-17-2010, 08:41 AM
pittz5
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

have a set of Yuill Brothers exhaust for sale...;-)))) They were too quiet for me, They sound good but I really prefer 2-1. Check out www.yuillbros.com. PM me if interested. will sell for 600 shipped.

Quick Reply: Rinehart True Duals too loud